In The Box
Sony Front Lens Cap
Sony Rear Lens Cap
-Under the Warranty of Sony Malaysia for Twelve Months
The 35mm f/1.8 OSS Alpha E-mount Prime Lens from Sony is a sharp, prime lens for Sony E-mount cameras, including the Alpha NEX-5R, Alpha NEX-6 and the NEX Handycam camcorders. It is a compact, fixed focal length lens which is equivalent to 52.5mm in 35mm equivalency. A fast maximum aperture of f/1.8 means the lens is ideal for blur-free capture of fast moving subjects and for retaining crisp imaging in low light. A quiet linear motor controls focus while an in-lens stepping motor controls aperture, together they offer smooth and virtually silent lens action, which is ideal for shooting video. Direct Manual Focus is also featured which allows for fine manual focus control and is operable even in autofocus mode. Sony's built-in Optical Image Stabilization system provides approximately 4-stops worth of shake control, making the lens even more functional in low light conditions and great when tracking moving subjects in video.
Improved optics have reduced spherical aberration and provide uniform contrast across the sensor and sharp images even when shooting wide-open at f/1.8 aperture. The circular aperture helps to create smooth and circular bokeh.
- Fixed Focal Length, f/1.8 Lens
- This compact, large-aperture, prime lens has a focal length of 52.5mm in 35mm equivalency and is approximately 1.75" (45mm) long. It is a bright lens with the capability to handle a wide variety of shooting situations from landscapes and street photography to flattering portraits with beautiful background blur.
- Newly designed optics reduce spherical aberration, delivering detailed sharpness and contrast in the central area of the lens as well as at the periphery. The results are clean, sharp images even when shooting at f/1.8 aperture.
- Silent and Smooth Focus
- A quiet, high-speed linear motor controls focus while an in-lens stepping motor controls the aperture. Together they provide extremely quiet operation and smooth focusing as well as quiet and fluid aperture control. These motors are ideal for shooting video since they eliminate excessive lens-drive noise.
- Direct Manual Focus
- This 35mm f/1.8 lens supports DMF (Direct Manual Focus), which enables users to resume manual focusing directly after obtaining focus with AF. This is particularly useful when AF cannot lock onto a subject or continually focuses on an unintended one. It also facilitates fine focusing when shooting portraits with a shallow depth of field.
- Optical SteadyShot Image Stabilization
- The built-in Optical SteadyShot image stabilization system provides a 4-stop shutter speed advantage, making it significantly easier to achieve crisp, blur-free images and video.
Sony 35mm f/1.8 OSS Sample Photos
At f/1.8, sharpness is already very good in the centre of the frame | 1/60 sec | f/1.8 | 35.0 mm | ISO 125
This lens is quite resistant to flare and retains good contrast when shooting into the light | 1/125 sec | f/3.5 | 35.0 mm | ISO 100
A fast maximum aperture allows backgrounds to be blurred effectively | 1/100 sec | f/2.5 | 35.0 mm | ISO 100
Sharpness is outstanding across the frame with the lens stopped down | 1/80 sec | f/5.6 | 35.0 mm | ISO 100
1/100 sec | f/6.3 | 35.0 mm | ISO 100
1/125 sec | f/2.8 | 35.0 mm | ISO 100
1/60 sec | f/3.2 | 35.0 mm | ISO 200
1/60 sec | f/1.8 | 35.0 mm | ISO 100
|Filter Thread||Front:49 mm|
|Dimensions (DxL)||Approx. 2.55 x 1.77" (64.7 x 45 mm)|
|Weight||5.47 oz (155 g)|