In The Box
Sony Front & Rear Lens Caps
Sony Lens Hood
Sony Lens Case
The 24mm f/2.0 Carl Zeiss T* Wide-Angle Prime Lens from Sony is for full frame format D-SLR cameras, but when used with cameras with APS-C sized chips it has the 35mm equivalent of a 36mm focal length. The lens features the highly-regarded Carl Zeiss Distagon retro-focus lens configuration designed for wide-angle lenses. The ultra fast f/2 wide-open aperture along with the 9-blade circular diaphragm allows you to work in low light, and with a minimum focus of 7.6" the lens allows you to get in close to your subject.
This lens is distinguished by its fast focus response and extremely quiet, smooth operation, thanks to its built-in SSM (Super Sonic wave Motor), and the focus mode switch allows you to quickly change between manual and autofocus. In keeping with traditional Carl Zeiss design, the all-metal lens barrel has been finished to a very high standard resulting in both high-quality performance and appearance.
- Aperture Range: f/2.0-22
- With a maximum aperture of f/2.8 throughout the zoom range, and minimum aperture of f/22, the high quality of this lens means you don't have to sacrifice aperture to shoot higher focal lengths - as some lenses do when zooming in.
- For Sony Alpha & Minolta DSLRs
- Optimized for Sony Alpha cameras, this lens becomes the 35mm equivalent of a 36mm lens when attached to smaller cropped APS-C cameras.
- Extra-Low Dispersion (ED) Glass
- To reduce chromatic aberrations, most noticeable when zoomed all the way in, the extra-low dispersion glass corrects for certain wavelengths of light - producing sharper images with truer colors.
- Aspheric Glass Lens Elements
- These precision lens elements correct distortion for sharper, more visually accurate images across the entire zoom range of the lens.
- Super Sonic wave Motor (SSM)
- Designed for fast, smooth, silent automatic focusing, this unique technology achieves high torque at low speed with rapid start/stop response. It operates through the ability of a piezoelectric device to reshape itself quickly when voltage is applied.
- Carl Zeiss T* (T-Star) Coating
- This Carl Zeiss lens features T* (T-Star) coatings that reduce the lens flare, internal reflection and light scattering that can otherwise occur on the surface of the glass elements within the lens.
- 35mm Equivalent: 36mm
- This 24mm lens has the 35mm equivalent of a 36mm lens when attached to cropped APS-C cameras.
- 9x Circular Aperture Blades
- Circular aperture blades produce smooth, rounded bokeh background effects when capturing spot-light sources in your pictures. Because the aperture blades form a near circle at the wide openings used for low-light shots, spot-light sources have a pleasing circular defocused effect.
- Focus Mode & Hold Buttons
- This lens is made with a Focus Mode switch and Focus Hold button, which offer better focus control whenever you need it. Switch between auto or manual focusing to more speed or precision, then lock the focus to keep it right where you want it. There is also no rotation on the focus ring in autofocus (AF) mode.
- Samples of images take with 24mm f/2.0 Carl Zeiss T* Wide-Angle Prime Lens
|Filter Thread||Front:72 mm|
|Dimensions (DxL)||Approx. 2.99 x 3.07" (76 x 78 mm)|
|Weight||1.22 lb (555 g)|