In The Box
Sony Front Lens Cap
Sony Rear Lens Cap
-Under the Warranty of Sony Malaysia for Twelve Months
The 18-200mm f/3.5-6.3 PZ OSS Alpha E-mount Lens from Sony is a powerful, yet compact zoom lens for the NEX mirrorless camera line from Sony. Its zoom range is equivalent to 27-300mm in the 35mm format and therefore offers everything from true wide-angle to super-telephoto capabilities. This versatility allows you to shoot groups, interiors and expansive landscapes and also zoom in for portraiture and to bring distant subjects close. A newly developed internal linear stepping motor provides quiet and smooth focusing which is ideal when shooting video. And in addition to three variable zoom speeds, the lens supports constant speed zooming for slow, smooth zoom, which is also desirable when shooting video. Zoom can be controlled from camcorders that feature built-in zoom levers and by the standard control on the lens barrel.
Optical Image Stabilization (OSS) provides 4-stops of shake-correction which will allow you to gather more light with less blur and provide clearer images when shooting in low light or at long focal lengths. When OSS is combined with the Anti Motion Blur and Hand-held Twilight Modes of NEX-series camcorders, low light interior shots can sustain themselves with lower ISO's and minimal noise even when using ambient light. An optical design that includes 5 aspherical elements and Extra-low dispersion glass provides sharp, high-contrast images throughout the frame.
For a lens with such a wide zoom range, it is particularly compact and its metal exterior provides durability and a high-quality presence. Direct Manual Focus allows you to use the focus ring on the lens barrel for precise manual focus.
- 18-200mm, 11x Zoom Range
- With its 18-200mm zoom range that is equivalent to a 27-300mm zoom lens in the 35mm format, this lens is supremely versatile providing wide-angle to super telephoto capabilities
- Smooth and Quiet Autofocus and Zoom
- An internal stepping motor means that autofocus and zoom functions are completed smoothly and in virtual silence, which is ideal when shooting video so that camera noise does not interfere with recorded audio.
- Variable and Constant Zoom Speeds
- In addition to three variable speed zoom speeds, this 18-200mm lens supports constant speed zooming for slow, smooth zoom effects that can enhance cinematographic expression but are difficult to achieve manually. Zoom can be controlled by the built-in levers on Sony NEX-camcorders or by the built-in zoom lever on the lens.
- Direct Manual Focus
- Direct Manual Focus allows you to utilize manual focus at anytime. Simply turn the focus ring on the lens barrel for precise focus control.
- Optical Image Stabilization
- Optical SteadyShot (OSS) allows for sharp images to be shot using shutter speeds as much as 4 stops slower than would normally be possible when shooting handheld. This allows for sharper images in low light or when shooting at telephoto lengths. OSS, when combined with Anti Motion Blur and Hand-held Twilight mode, will provide clear, detailed video images even when using ambient interior lighting.
- Optical Design
- Five aspherical lens elements and Extra-low dispersion glass deliver sharp images with little aberration or distortion.
- Circular Aperture
- A 7-blade circular aperture offers naturally smooth and attractive out-of-focus areas (bokeh).
- Durable Metal Exterior
- The exterior of the lens barrel is made of aluminum alloy for a high-quality appearance and feel that ideally balances the lens' compact dimensions and provides the durability needed for lomg-term usage.
Layla on the deck heading down her slide.
My Dad’s Toyota Tundra.
Be sure to Click the Photos for the larger 120opx Versions!
Note the background de-focus abilities @ 200mm.
|Filter Thread||Front:67 mm|
|Dimensions (DxL)||Approx. 3.67 x 3.90" (93.2 x 99 mm)|
|Weight||22.89 oz (649 g)|