In The Box
Sony Front Rear Lens Caps
Sony Lens Hood
-Under the Warranty of Sony Malaysia for Twelve Months
The 16-105mm f/3.5-5.6 DT Standard Zoom Lens from Sony is a DT-series Alpha lens that has been optimized for cropped image sensors, and as a result it is not recommended for use with larger full-frame cameras. Its 16-105mm focal length is the 35mm equivalent of a 24-157.5mm lens when attached to these cropped APS-C size digital cameras. It is constructed of 15 elements in 11 groups - three of them being aspherical glass elements, with additional Extra-low Dispersion (ED) glass elements - which all help to deliver sharp, clear photos throughout the zoom range. It has a minimum focusing distance of 9.8" and a front-end filter diameter of 62mm.
- APS-C 35mm Equivalent: 24-157.5mm
- This wide 11-18mm lens has a 1.6x zoom factor, but its viewing angle becomes the 35mm equivalent of a 16.5-27mm lens when attached to the cropped APS-C cameras it was designed for.
- Optimized For APS-C Size / DT-Format Alpha & Minolta DSLRs
- Intended for smaller, cropped Sony Alpha cameras, DT lenses employ an optical system that is specifically designed for digital cameras which incorporate an APS-C size image sensor.
- Extra-Low Dispersion (ED) Elements
- To reduce chromatic aberrations, most noticeable when zoomed all the way in, the extra-low dispersion glass corrects for certain wavelengths of light - producing sharper images with truer colors.
- 2x Aspherical Glass Lens Elements
- These precision lens elements correct distortion for sharper, more visually accurate images across the entire zoom range of the lens.
- Internal Focusing System
- Internal lens elements move, so the overall length does not change, creating a lens that focuses more quickly and doesn't change balance.
- 7x Circular Aperture Blades
- Circular aperture blades produce smooth, rounded bokeh background effects when capturing spot-light sources in your pictures. Because the aperture blades form a near circle at the wide openings used for low-light shots, spot-light sources have a pleasing circular defocused effect.
- Filter Diameter: 62mm
- The 62mm front filter thread does not rotate, allowing rotating polarizing filters to be used.
|Filter Thread||Front:62 mm|
|Dimensions (DxL)||Approx. 2.83 x 3.27" (7.2 x 8.3 cm)|
|Weight||1.03 lb (470 g)|