In The Box
Sony Front Lens Cap
Sony Rear Lens Cap
-Under the Warranty of Sony Malaysia for Twelve Months
Sony SEL 10-18mm f/4 OSS Sample Photos
Wide angle | 1/250 sec | f/6.3 | 10.0 mm | ISO 100
Telephoto | 1/250 sec | f/6.3 | 18.0 mm | ISO 100
Closest focus is 25cm | 1/160 sec | f/4.0 | 18.0 mm | ISO 100
This lens is quite resistant to flare, even without the supplied lens hood attached | 1/250 sec | f/4.0 | 10.0 mm | ISO 100
1/60 sec | f/4.0 | 10.0 mm | ISO 125
1/100 sec | f/5.6 | 17.0 mm | ISO 100
1/125 sec | f/4.0 | 10.0 mm | ISO 100
1/160 sec | f/6.3 | 10.0 mm | ISO 100
The 10-18mm f/4 OSS Alpha E-mount Wide-Angle Zoom Lens from Sony is an ultra wide-angle E-mount zoom lens compatible with the Alpha NEX cameras and NEX Handycam Camcorders. In the 35mm format, the focal lengths are equivalent to a 15-27mm field of view which is extremely wide-angle with exaggerated perspectives- ideal for expansive landscapes, certain interiors and creative portraits and group shots.
With an aperture of f/4.0 throughout the zoom range, fast shutter speeds and low ISO settings can be used even in low light for bright, sharp images. With the Optical SteadyShot Image Stabilization system it is even easier to shoot blur-free photos and videos in low light, regardless of camera shake. Three aspherical lens elements reduce spherical aberration and distortion and Super Extra-low Dispersion glass reduces chromatic aberration for high quality images even at maximum aperture. Fast autofocus is facilitated by movement of the lens elements at the rear of the lens and the 7-blade circular aperture creates smooth, circular bokeh in the out-of-focus areas within the frame.
- 10-18mm f/4 Super Wide-Angle Zoom Lens
- This lens offers a constant maximum aperture of f/4 through the entire focal length range, enabling the use of the widest aperture at every focal length. Even in low-light environments, such as outdoors at sunset, users will be able to take advantage of the bright aperture and use fast shutter speeds without unnecessarily raising ISO sensitivity. The 10-18mm (15-27mm in 35mm format) provides an ultra wide angle zoom for shooting landscapes, in tight quarters or for creative exaggerated perspectives.
- Image Stabilization
- Built-in Optical SteadyShot image stabilization system provides a 4-stop (approximate) shutter speed advantage, making it significantly easier to achieve crisp, blur-free images and video.
- Internal Focusing System
- Lens elements at the rear of the optical system move, allowing rapid auto-focus response.
- Three Aspherical lens elements correct for spherical aberration and distortion, making it possible to shoot high-contrast, high-quality images with markedly less bleeding even at the maximum aperture. In addition, the optical system employs Super Extra-low Dispersion glass, realizing highly detailed images with reduced color aberration even at the 10mm focal length.
- Circular Aperture
- In low-light shots or nightscapes, out-of-focus light sources have a pleasing circular defocused effect.
|Focal Length||10mm - 18mm|
|Angle of View||76° - 109°|
|35mm equivalent||15mm - 27mm|
|Box Contents||Front and Rear Caps, Lens Hood|