In The Box
Sigma Front & Rear Caps
Sigma Lens Hood
Sigma Lens Hood Adapter
Sigma Soft Case with Strap
Online Registration for 2 years & 6 months Warranty @ www.apds.com.sg
Sigma 70-200mm f/2.8 EX DG APO OS HSM for Sony
Sigma's APO 70-200mm F2.8 EX DG OS HSM is the second generation of this large aperture telephoto zoom lens now incorporating Sigma’s Optical Stablization function, OS, our own anti-shake system which makes viewing a stabilized image in the viewfinder possible for Sony and Pentax users if chosen. Two FLD glass elements, which have the performance equal to fluorite glass have also been added along with three SLD glass elements, all which provide excellent correction of color aberration. In spite of the additions of all of these features, Sigma has managed to make the lens more compact than its predecessor, measuring only 7.8” in length. For any serious photographer where the 70-200mm focal range is often the most important second lens to own after the initial standards lens or mid range zooms. The fast aperture is extremely useful and important in low light environments or when shooting fast moving situations where a higher shutter speed demands maximum lights thru the lens. HSM ensures quiet and high speed AF as well as full-time manual focus capability. Super Multi-Layer lens coating reduces flare ghosting and assures high image quality throughout the entire zoom range. It has a minimum focusing distance of 55.1 inches throughout the entire zoom range and a maximum magnification ratio of 1:8 The rounded 9 blade diaphragm creates an attractive blur to the out of focus images. This lens is equipped with a petal-type hood. Its exceptional versatility as an all-around lens is perfect for journalists and wedding photographers. This latest version of the Sigma 70-200mm is well regarded for its outstanding image quality, light weight and ease of operation.
The Sigma 70-200mm f/2.8 EX DG APO OS HSM for Sony is the second generation of large-aperture telephoto zoom lenses incorporating Sigma's OS (Optical Stabilizer) anti-shake system. It offers the equivalent of shooting at shutter speeds 3 to 4 stops slower than without OS, thus allowing handheld telephoto zoom shooting even in poorly lit conditions. Its HSM ensures quiet and high speed AF as well as full-time manual focusing.
It features a large maximum aperture of f/2.8 that remains constant throughout the zoom range, making it incredibly valuable when shooting in low light situations such as wedding or other events. It is also great when shooting fast-moving subjects such as sports, when fast shutter speeds are needed to capture fleeting moments. The 70-200mm f/2.8 is fast and versatile and at a length of 7.8 (19.8cm) will be a tool that seldom sees the inside of your camera bag. The lens comes with a petal-type lens hood plus an adapter to extend its length for users with APS-c cameras.
Note: This lens is optimized for full-frame Sony DSLRs and may also be used with smaller APS-c size sensors but it will increase focal length to about 100-300mm with most cameras.
Note: When using the OS function of the lens with a camera which incorporates a stabilizer unit, please turn the camera's stabilizer unit off.
Note! Optical Stabilizer (OS) function will not work with film SLR cameras.
- Sigma's New APO 70-200mm F2.8 EX DG OS HSM is the second generation of this large aperture telephoto zoom lens now incorporating Sigma's Optical Stabilization (OS) anti-shake system. It uses two sensors inside the lens to detect vertical and horizontal movement of the camera. It works by moving an optical image stabilizing lens group, to effectively compensate for camera shake.
- Two FLD ("F" Low Dispersion) glass elements, which have the performance equal to expensive fluorite glass, and three SLD (Special Low Dispersion) glass elements, combine to provide excellent reduction of aberrations and image quality.
- The rounded 9 blade diaphragm creates an attractive blur to the out of focus images (bokeh).
- Sigma has managed to make the lens more compact than its predecessor, measuring only 7.8" (8.64cm) in length.
- The Super Multi-Layer lens coating reduces flare ghosting and assures high image quality throughout the entire zoom range.
- The exterior of this lens is EX-finished to denote the superior build and optical quality, and to enhance its appearance.
- The lens DG designation translates to large-aperture lenses with wide angles and short minimum focusing distances. With an abundance of peripheral illumination, they are ideal lenses for Digital SLR Cameras while retaining suitability for traditional 35mm SLRs.
Sigma 70-200mm f/2.8 EX DG APO OS HSM for Sony
|Filter Thread||77 mm|
|Dimensions (DxL)||Approx. 3.4 x 7.8" (86.36 x 198.12 mm)|
|Weight||3.15 lb (1.43 kg)|