In The Box
Sigma Lens Case
Sigma Lens Hood
Sigma Front Lens Cap
Sigma Rear Lens Cap
Sigma Shoulder Strap
Sigma Tripod Socket
Online Registration for 2 years & 6 months Warranty @ www.apds.com.sg
Sigma 120-300mm f/2.8 DG OS HSM Lens for Canon
The Sigma 120-300mm F2.8 EX DG OS APO HSM is a unique lens in the photo industry. Its design is based around high speed superior optical performance. Created for Full Frame sensors, it may also be used with APS-C sized sensors as well. It has an array of technology to guarantee the highest level of image quality. This technology includes a Hyper Sonic Motor (HSM), an Optical Stabilizer, Inner Focusing and Zooming System, SLD and FLD Glass Elements (FLD has a performance equal to fluorite). The HSM ensures quiet, high speed, accurate autofocusing while the OS allows for use of shutter speeds approximately 4 stops slower than would otherwise be possible. Super Multi-Layer coating reduces flare and ghosting working together with the SLD and FLD glass elements for maximum correction of chromatic aberrations. An inner focusing and zooming system produces sharper images throughout the entire zoom range. With a large fixed aperture of F2.8 the 120-300 is capable of handling any lighting scenario.
This lens is also compatible with the Sigma USB Dock, which allows you to use the Sigma Pro Optimization software to fine-tune certain lens settings to your own shooting needs. The ability to limit focus range, alter the AF speed, and modify the OS system is afforded through this, as well as the ability to easily update the lens' firmware.
- Sports Lens Line
- This lens is the first lens produced as part of Sigma's Sports line, making it ideally-suited for capturing fast-moving action with high precision. Its telephoto-length zoom range and fast maximum aperture make it especially useful for sports photography as well as wildlife, birding, and other fast-paced applications. Also benefitting these shooting scenarios is a wide range of customizable functions availed through the use of the Sigma USB Dock.
- Optimized Lens Design
- Well-suited to outdoor photography, a dust- and splash-proof construction enables use of this lens in adverse conditions. Joint parts, such as the mount, focus and zoom rings, and switches, are sealed to provide this resistance and improve overall durability. Parts of the lens have also been optimally designed for more comfortable use, including textured rings and well-placed switches for more efficient operation. A brass bayonet mount is also used to increase the durability at this connection point, giving more strength and rigidity between the camera and lens system.The lens construction integrates two FLD (F Low Dispersion) glass elements and one SLD (Super Low Dispersion) glass element to help reduce color aberrations and sagittal coma flare to improve overall image quality. Lens elements also feature a Super Multi-Layer Coating to reduce flare and ghosting, which helps to improve image contrast and color fidelity throughout the zoom range.
- USB Dock Compatible
- This lens is compatible with the Sigma USB Dock for fine-tuning and personalizing certain functions of the lens to fit your personal shooting style. A focus limiter can be set to constrain your lens' focusing distances to suit the distances at which you are shooting. Additionally, this lens features an inner focusing and zooming configuration so the physical length of your lens does not change during use; which greatly benefits the use of certain filters such as a polarizer.The USB Dock also allows you to customize the speed at which the autofocus system performs, how active the Optical Stabilizer system is during shooting, and allows you to easily update the lens' firmware.
- Optical Stabilizer
- The built-in OS (Optical Stabilizer) system enables a reduction in the appearance of camera shake up to the equivalent of four stops, resulting in a long lens that can easily be used handheld and low-light conditions. The OS system is divided into two modes; one for general shooting applications, and one that is better suited for panning shots of moving subjects. The OS system can be further adjusted to suit your needs through the use of the USB Dock.
- Hyper Sonic AF Motor
- The HSM (Hyper Sonic Motor) provides fast, quiet, and smooth auto focusing that is well-suited for use with video applications. This AF motor can also be manually overridden at any time by rotating the focusing ring, giving you the ability to fine-tune image sharpness through manual focusing.
Sigma 120-300mm f/2.8 DG OS HSM Lens for Canon
|Filter Thread||Front:105 mm|
|Dimensions (DxL)||Approx. 4.78 x 11.46" (121.4 x 291 mm)|
|Weight||7.47 lb (3.39 kg)|