In The Box
- Samsung Lens 16-50mm f/3.5-5.6 Power Zoom Lens
Samsung SEF8A Hot Shoe Mount Flash Unit
Samsung Lithium-Ion Battery B740A 1+1 Extra Original Battery*
Samsung Wall Charger
Samsung Body Cap
Samsung Lens Cap
Adobe Lightroom Software
16GB Memory Card
Samsung Original Case
Samsung NX3000 16-50mm, 20mp, Selfie LCD 3.0", WIFI Free 1 + 1 Extra Battery, 16GB & Samsung Case
The black Samsung NX3000 Mirrorless Digital Camera is a compact, versatile camera featuring a large 20.3MP APS-C CMOS sensor to produce high-resolution still imagery and full HD movies with marked quality and detail. The sensor affords notable sensitivity to ISO 25600, as well as a top full-resolution continuous shooting rate of 5 fps. For efficient image monitoring and playback, a 3.0" 460.8k-dot LCD screen is available, and features a 180° tilting design to benefit working from low and front-facing angles.
Beyond pure imaging capabilities, one of the NX3000's greatest assets is its built-in Wi-Fi connectivity, which enables direct sharing of imagery to mobile devices wirelessly. It also features linking via NFC (Near Field Communication). These wireless capabilities also permit remote control over the camera, including the ability to remotely monitor scenes, adjust camera settings, and release the camera's shutter.
Included with the NX3000 is the 16-50mm f/3.5-5.6 Power Zoom ED OIS lens, a standard zoom lens that provides a 35mm-equivalent focal length range of 24.6-77mm, covering wide-angle to portrait-length perspectives. Four aspherical elements and one extra-low dispersion element have been incorporated into the optical design to minimize aberrations throughout the zoom range and produce an overall high image quality.
In addition to the wide-angle to portrait-length zoom lens, the SEF8A external flash and a copy of Adobe Photoshop Lightroom 5 are also included.
- 20.3MP APS-C CMOS Sensor
- The large, APS-C-sized CMOS image sensor features a 20.3MP resolution and works to produce high-resolution still imagery and full HD movie recording abilities at 1920 x 1080/30. Coupled with an apt image processor, the sensor also affords notable low-light sensitivity to ISO 25600, full-resolution continuous shooting up to 5 fps, a reduced 5MP-resolution shooting rate up to 30 fps, and a top shutter speed of 1/4000 sec.
- Built-In Wi-Fi Connectivity with NFC
- Integrated Wi-Fi connectivity (IEEE 802.11b/g/n) enables direct connection to other wireless-connected devices, such as iOS or Android mobile devices, home PCs, and select HDTVs, for instant sharing of image files. Called Tag & Go, the Wi-Fi connectivity is well-paired with NFC technology for easy linking to mobile devices as well as a variety of means for sharing imagery:
- AutoShare: This mode will automatically send every image you record directly to your mobile phone via Wi-Fi connection for simplified instant sharing. This mode will also utilize the phone's location data to embed GPS information into the metadata of the image files.
- Remote Viewfinder Pro: This feature allows you to see a remote live view image on your mobile device as well as adjust camera settings, control zoom, and preview imagery.
- Mobile Link: This mode allows you to choose specific images to be shared with your mobile device, as well as up to four other devices using Group Share. The images are transferred directly to photo albums on your device and any changes made will be saved amongst the two devices automatically.
- Photo Beam: This feature permits instant sharing of imagery to NFC-enabled devices simply by tapping the two devices together for image transfer.
- Auto Backup: This feature will automatically begin backing up your image files to your home PC or Mac when it is within the computer's wireless network.
- Samsung Link: Backing-up imagery to cloud-based services, such as Dropbox, helps to free space on your memory card and provides more universal access to your files from anywhere.
- Home Monitor: Along with the Baby Monitor function, this feature allows you to position your camera anywhere within your home or local Wi-Fi network and will automatically send a notification, as well as a live view image, to your mobile device if a noise is detected.
- Camera Design
- A large, bright 3.0" 460.8k-dot LCD monitor is incorporated into the camera design to enable clear monitoring and image playback as well as an efficient means for previsualizing camera settings and applying a host of shooting modes and creative effects. The screen features a 180° tilting design, too, making it ideal for self-portraits and for working from low angles. Also benefitting the creation of self-portraits is Wink Shot, which allows you to simply wink at the camera in order for the shutter to automatically be released.
Also contributing to the overall usability of the camera is a compact, ergonomic, and functional design that includes a textured hand grip and a hot shoe to facilitate the use of a wide array of accessories. The SEF8A external flash is bundled with the camera and features a guide number of 8m at ISO 100 and covers lenses up to 28mm (35mm equivalent).
- Other Camera Features
- A contrast-detection type autofocus system utilizes up to 35 points to quickly and accurately acquire focus in a variety of situations. A single, free selection point can be used for selective focus applications while Face Detection can recognize up to 10 distinct faces for ensured sharpness with portraits.
- SMART Modes will automatically apply certain exposure characteristics to your imagery in order to best render the type of subject matter being photographed: Beauty Face, Best Face, Landscape, Macro, Action Freeze, Rich Tone, Waterfall, Silhouette, Sunset, Night, Firework, Light Trace, Continuous Shot, Kids, Food, and Party/Indoor. SMART Filters are also available to further modify the appearance of images, and include Miniature, Vignetting, Sketch, and Fish Eye.
- After imagery has been recorded, a series of effects and corrections can be applied in-camera: SMART Filter (Miniature, Vignetting, Soft Focus, Sketch, Fish Eye, Classic, Retro, Oil Paint, Cartoon, Ink Painting, Cross Filter, Zooming Shot), Red-eye fix, Crop, Re-size, Rotate, Face Retouch, Brightness, Contrast, Auto adjustment, Saturation, RGB adjustment, Color Temperature, and Exposure.
- Dynamic Rage Expansion: This mode enables the creation of in-camera HDR imagery, which will record several images of varying exposures at once and then combine them into a single frame in order to retain full highlight and shadow detail.
- Language support: Korean, English, Danish, German, Dutch, Swedish, Spanish, Italian, Czech, French, Portuguese (Portugal), Portuguese (Brazil), Polish, Finnish, Russian, Norwegian, Simplified/Traditional Chinese, Arabic, Persian, Turkish, Hebrew, Thai, Greek, Hungarian, Estonian, Lithuanian, Latvian, Serbian, Croatian, Vietnamese, and Romanian.
Samsung NX3000 16-50mm, 20mp, Selfie LCD 3.0", WIFI Free 1+1 Extra Battery, 16GB & Samsung Case
|Focus Type||Auto & Manual|
|Focus Mode||Continuous-servo AF (C), Manual Focus (M), Single-servo AF (S)|
|Autofocus Points||Contrast Detection: 35|
|Display Screen||3" Rear Screen Tilting LCD (460,800)|
|External Flash Connection||Hot Shoe|
|Continuous Shooting||Up to 30 fps|
|Self Timer||2 sec, 30 sec
Custom: 2-30 sec at 1.0 sec intervals
|Connectivity||HDMI D (Micro), Micro-USB|
|Software System Requirements||Windows: 7, 8
Mac: OS X 10.5 or later
|Battery||1x B740A Rechargeable Lithium-Ion Battery Pack2330mAh|
32 to 104°F (0 to 40°C)
Humidity: 5 - 85%
|Dimensions (WxHxD)||4.6 x 2.6 x 1.5" / 117.4 x 65.9 x 39.0 mm|
|Weight||8.11 oz / 230 g without battery|