In The Box
Panasonic Li-ion Battery Pack DMW-BLF19
Panasonic Battery Charger
Panasonic Camera Strap
Panasonic USB Cable
Panasonic Instruction Manual
64GB Memory Card
Available for PreOrder only (timeline 8 weeks)
4K Video Recording with Simultaneous 8.8 MP Photo Capture*1
The 16.05-megapixel Digital Live MOS Sensor achieves high quality, high sensitivity image recording with its quick response. Superior noise reduction allows for exposures up to 60 minutes long.
*1 For a DSLM (Digital Single Lens Mirrorless) as of Feb 7, 2014
*2 Videos can be recorded up to 29 min 59 sec depending on the recording format and the camera's sales area.
*3 Use SDXC/SDHC Memory Cards compatible with UHS Speed Class 3 (U3) when using high bitrate video recording mode over 100 Mbps.
Pro Quality Video Creation
*1 Videos can be recorded up to 29 min 59 sec depending on the recording format and the camera's sales area.
*2 Use SDXC/SDHC Memory Cards compatible with UHS Speed Class 3 (U3) when using high bitrate video recording mode over 100 Mbps.
Magnesium Alloy Body & Rugged Design
High Performance Professional Shutter
* Splash Proof is a term used to describe an extra level of protection this camera offers against exposure to a minimal amount of moisture, water or dust. Splash Proof does not guarantee that damage will not occur if this camera is subjected to direct contact with water. In order to minimize the possibility of damage please be sure the following precautions are taken:
-The Splash Proof feature works in conjunction with the H-HS12035 and H-HS35100 lenses that were specifically designed to support this feature.
-Make sure the built-in flash is closed. -Make sure that all doors, socket caps and terminal covers are securely closed.
-Make sure that you are in a dry and secure place when changing the battery, lens or memory card. After changing, make sure their protective doors are securely closed.
-If this camera is exposed to water, sand or any other foreign material clean it as soon as possible, taking the necessary precautions that the foreign substance does not get inside the camera.
-Under no circumstances should you touch or place any foreign objects within the camera or in close proximity of the camera's image sensor.
-See user manuals "Care of this Camera" section for other care issues including Condensation
**Panasonic in-house examination
Dual OLED Displays - LVF & Monitor
*35mm camera equivalent
49-Area AF/ Custom Multi AF
Real-Time Output with HDMI
*When using 4:2:2 / 8-bit output, video is recorded in 4:2:0 / 8-bit on SDXC/SDHC Memory Card in the camera.
Terminals for Expanded Connectivity
Professional Video Functions
SMPTE-compliant Time Code in Rec Run or Free Run makes it easy to synchronize multiple videos or sound sources in the postproduction process.
Color Bars & 1KHz Test Tone
Color Bars (SMPTE / EBU / ARIB Standard) are used as a benchmark for fixing color or brightness. 1KHz Test Tone is used as a benchmark for fixing sound or volume.
Center Marker works as a guide mark for video image composition. Simply display it at the center of the viewing angle.
Use Synchro Scan to suppress flicker over the TV / PC monitor, or when shooting under fluorescent lights.
"CINELIKE D" and "CINELIKE V" create a cinema-like tone to expand your creativity.
Use Master Pedestal to adjust the brightness balance ±15 steps based on the color black.
Determine overexposed areas with the Zebra Pattern before or during shooting. This pattern can even be output to the external monitor too.
Wi-Fi with NFC Technology
Contrast AF with DFD Technology
*In AFS, with H-FS14140 or H-HS12035
Versatile Video Recording Formats
*1 Video can be recorded up to 29 min 59 sec depending on the recording format and the camera's sales area.
*2 Use SDXC/SDHC Memory Card compatible with UHS Speed Class 3 (U3) when using high bitrate video recording mode over 100 Mbps.
Professional 4K Video Interface Unit (Optional)
*See details of DMC-YAGH on this site
** When using 4:2:2/10-bit output, simultaneous video recording on SDXC/SDHC Memory Card in-camera is not possible.
The Panasonic Lumix DMC-GH4 4K Mirrorless Micro Four Thirds Digital Camera is a true hybrid camera designed for both professional photo and video use. It features a 16.05-megapixel Digital Live MOS sensor and a 4-CPU Venus Engine, capable of capturing high-resolution JPEG and RAW stills, as well as UHD 4K 3840x2160 30p/24p and cinematic DCI 4K 4096x2160 video at 24p. Like its predecessor, the GH4 features a weather-sealed magnesium alloy body, while offering increased resolution on both the OLED monitor and electronic viewfinder. It also features built-in Wi-Fi with NFC technology, in-camera creative controls, and a high-speed 49-point autofocus in both photo and video mode.
The GH4 delivers video quality surpassing many professional video cameras. Video can be recorded in a variety of formats, from efficient AVCHD and AVCHD Progressive, to 200 Mbps All-Intra and 100 Mbps IPB MOV and MP4 formats. And because the GH4 is a global camera, the system frequency can be switched between 59.94 Hz (23.98 Hz) and 50 Hz, yielding a variety of recording options including 23.98p, 25p, 29.97p, 50p, and 59.94p. The system can also be switched to 24 Hz to capture true 24p in HD and 4K resolutions.
Video and photos are recorded to SD/SDHC/SDXC memory cards. For high bit-rate 100 Mbps and 200 Mbps formats, SDHC/SDXC UHS-I Speed Class 3 (U3) cards are supported and recommended. Video recorded to SD cards is 4:2:0 8-bit. Real-time 4:2:2 8-bit and 4:2:2 10-bit video can also be sent to an external monitor or recorder with an optional micro HDMI cable. Additional video features include focus peaking, time code support, and cine-like gamma options. For unique expressions, VBR (Variable Frame Rate), time lapse, and stop motion animation videos can be recording internally without the need for additional post-production processing. The GH4 comes with a rechargeable lithium-ion battery pack, battery charger with AC cable, body cap, hot shoe cover, USB cable, shoulder strap, and DVD with supplied software.
- 16.05 Megapixel Digital Live MOS Sensor and Venus Engine
- The 16.05-megapixel Digital Live MOS sensor delivers high-quality images with high sensitivity and quick response times. The increased signal speed readout helps to suppress the effects of rolling shutter. In conjunction with the quad-core Venus Engine image processor, you'll enjoy dramatically improved sensitivity (maximum ISO 25600), gradation performance, resolution, and color reproduction.
- Micro Four Thirds System and Lens Mount
- The DMC-GH4's 4/3" type sensor is large enough for shallow depth of field and yet small enough to take advantage of lighter, more compact lenses than a larger format camera would require. Plus, the short flange focal distance of the Micro Four Thirds Lens Mount makes it possible to add optional adapters (sold separately) to use a wide range of lenses, including PL-mount cinema lenses.
- Dual OLED Displays - Monitor and Live View Finder
- High-speed, organic LED displays are used for both the Live View Finder and the rear monitor. The 3.0" monitor features a 1,036K-dot resolution and a touchscreen interface for intuitive control, while the LVF features a 2,359K-dot resolution. These displays feature 100% coverage and a 10,000:1 contrast ratio. An Eye Sensor automatically switches between the Live View-Finder and the rear monitor, for easy shooting with both.
- Magnesium Alloy, Weather Sealed Body
- The DMC-GH4 features a magnesium alloy full die cast front and rear frame. A splash and dustproof design is achieved by tightly sealing the joints and control components. To further meet the demands of professional use, the shutter is rated for approximately 200,000 releases.
- Wi-Fi with NFC Technology
- The DMC-GH4 integrates Wi-Fi connectivity with NFC, letting you use the Panasonic Image App for remote photo and video shooting with compatible smartphones or tablets. The app also lets you embed location data to an image after shooting. If your mobile device isn't NFC compatible, you can still connect to the camera by scanning a QR code displayed on the GH4's monitor.
- 49-Area AF / Custom Multi AF
- The newly developed AF system features 49 points, giving you more flexibility when composing shots. The Custom Multi mode extends that flexibility even more with the ability to freely select what blocks to focus out of the 49 possible focusing areas.
- High-Speed Autofocus
- The high-precision Contrast AF integrates DFD (Depth from Defocus) technology to achieve AF speeds of approximately 0.07 sec in AFS mode. This enables the camera to shoot bursts of 12 fps in AFS mode.
- Silent Mode
- The Silent mode switches the shutter from mechanical to electronic and turns off sounds, while suppressing the AD assist lamp and flash with just a single setting. This is useful when capturing photos in situations where noise and light from the camera would be a distraction to performers or people around you.
- In-Camera RAW Data Development
- Shoot RAW photos and process the images in-camera to create JPEG images, instead of relying on post-processing. You can adjust the color space setting (sRGB / AdobeRGB), white balance, noise reduction, sharpness, and hue. Lumix's Photo Style, Intelligent D-Range Control, and Intelligent Resolution can also be applied.
- Picture Profiles
- Choose from a range of Photo Styles and Creative Control modes. Photo Styles for stills or video include Standard, Vivid, Natural, Monochrome, Scenery, Portrait, and Custom. Contrast, sharpness, noise reduction, saturation, and hue parameters can be adjusted for each mode and even set into the camera's memory.
- Professional 4K Video Recording
- The DMC-GH4 brings the GH-line into the 4K age by offering both 16:9 UHD 4K 3840x2160 video at 23.98p, 24p or 29.97p, and 17:9 DCI (Digital Cinema Initiatives) 4K 4096x2160 videos at 24p. 4K resolutions can be recorded as MOV or MP4 files in high bitrate 100 Mbps IPB codec. When recording at 100 Mbps, you will need an SDHC/SDXC memory card capable of handling the transfer speed.
Please note: For better quality, 4K recording modes use a 1:1 pixel map of the sensor. This yields a slight crop of the sensor, resulting in approximately a full-frame crop factor of approximately 2.3x when shooting DCI 4K resolution.
- Selectable System Frequency
- The DMC-GH4 is a true global camera, with system frequency switchable from 59.94 Hz (23.98 Hz) and 50 Hz. You can also select 24 Hz frequency for true 24 fps cinematic video.
- VFR (Variable Frame Rate)
- The VFR mode enables Full HD video recording with slow/fast motion, depending on the video format and system frequency selected.
MOV/FHD/100 Mbps/29.97p, MP4(LPCM)/FHD/100 Mbps/29.97p:
2 fps, 15 fps, 26 fps, 28 fps, 30 fps, 32 fps, 34 fps, 45 fps, 60 fps, 75 fps, 90 fps, 96 fps
MOV/FHD/100 Mbps/23.98p, MP4(LPCM)/FHD/100 Mbps/23.98p:
2 fps, 12 fps, 20 fps, 22 fps, 24 fps, 26 fps, 28 fps, 36 fps, 48 fps, 60 fps, 72 fps, 84 fps, 96 fps
2 fps, 15 fps, 26 fps, 28 fps, 30 fps, 32 fps, 34 fps, 45 fps, 60 fps
2 fps, 12 fps, 20 fps, 22 fps, 24 fps, 26 fps, 28 fps, 36 fps, 48 fps, 60 fps
MOV/FHD/100 Mbps/25.00p, MP4(LPCM)/FHD/100 Mbps/25.00p:
2 fps, 12 fps, 21 fps, 23 fps, 25 fps, 27 fps, 30 fps, 37 fps, 50 fps, 62 fps, 75 fps, 96 fps
2 fps, 12 fps, 21 fps, 23 fps, 25 fps, 27 fps, 30 fps, 37 fps, 50 fps
MOV/FHD/100 Mbps/24.00p, MP4(LPCM)/FHD/100 Mbps/24.00p:
2 fps, 12 fps, 20 fps, 22 fps, 24 fps, 26 fps, 28 fps, 36 fps, 48 fps, 60 fps, 72 fps, 84 fps, 96 fps
- Versatile Video Recording Formats
- Choose the video format that is right for each project. The DMC-GH4 is capable of ultra high bitrate video recording at 200 Mbps (All-Intra) or 100 Mbps (IPB). Available formats include MOV, MP4, AVCHD Progressive, and AVCHD at a variety of frame rates. In MP4 / MOV, high quality LPCM (Linear Pulse Code Modulation) sound can be recorded. All internally recorded video codecs use 4:2:0 color sampling and an 8-bit color depth.
- Real-Time 4:2:2 Output with HDMI
- Send 4:2:2 8-bit or 4:2:2 10-bit video in real-time to external monitors or recorders via the micro HDMI output. An optional micro HDMI cable is required. When outputting a 4:2:2 10-bit signal over HDMI, video cannot be recorded on the SDHX/SDXC memory card in the camera.
- Focus Peaking
- For easy focusing, the GH4 incorporates a Focus Peaking function that shows the peak of focus in MF and AF+MF modes. Users can see the peaking of focus while monitoring the subject in live view. It can be set to HIGH / LOW / OFF and the color can also be changed to blue, white or orange according to the color of the shooting scene during live view. Focus peaking is also available while remote photo/video shooting with smartphone or tablet via Wi-Fi.
- Luminance Level Adjustment
- In addition to the standard luminance level of 16-235 and 16-255, the DMC-GH4 also offers 0-255.
- Additional Video Features
- Time code - SMPTE-compliant time code for synching multiple devices
- Color bars - benchmark for fixing color or brightness
- 1 KHz test tone - benchmark for fixing sound or volume
- Center marker - guide mark for video composition
- Synchro scan - suppress flicker on monitors or from fluorescent lights
- Cine-like gamma - "CINELIKE D" and "CINELIKE V" produce a cinema-like tones
- Master Pedestal - adjust brightness balance ±15 steps based on the color black
- Zebra Pattern - display lines on over-exposed areas
- Professional 4K Video Interface Unit (Optional)
- For professional video workflows, the optional DMW-YAGH Interface Unit is available. The Interface Unit attaches to the bottom of the camera and provides 2 XLR input terminals, for line or condenser microphones, with independent volume controls and an audio level display monitor. It also has two 3G-SDI capable BNC connectors and two HD-SDI capable BNC connectors for quad-link SDI 4K video in 4:2:2 10-bit, dual-link 4:2:2 10-bit 1080p up to 60 fps, or four simultaneous 1080p streams up to 30 fps - all with timecode. Power is supplied to the unit by a 12VDC 4-pin XLR input.
Please note: When using 4:2:2 10-bit output, simultaneous video recording on an SDHC/SDXC memory card in the DMC-GH4 is not possible.
- The DMC-GH4 comes with a variety of connection terminals including 1/8" microphone and headphone jacks. The camera also features a micro HDMI port, AV output, flash sync terminal, and a 2.5mm remote controller jack.
- Supports UHS-I Class 3 Speed SD Cards
- The DMC-GH4 uses a variety of advanced recording media, including SDXC, SDHC, and SD Memory Cards. The fastest of these cards is the UHS-I Class 3 (U3), which is recommended when using high bit rate video recording modes over 100 Mbps.
- High-Speed Burst Shooting
- The DMC-GH4 allows for high-speed burst shooting at 12 fps in single autofocus mode using the mechanical shutter, for up to approximately 40 RAW or 100 JPEG images, and 7.5 fps in continuous AF mode. This lets you capture fast moving subjects in clear focus. When using the electronic shutter, you can shoot in bursts up to 40 fps.
- Highlight / Shadow Control
- Highlight and shadow can be separately adjusted with the front or rear dial. Three patterns of settings can be customized in addition to three preset patterns.
- Button Layout
- For intuitive control, exposure compensation, ISO sensitivity, and white balance controls are positioned around the shutter button to make operation fast and easy while looking at the viewfinder. A programmable function button is also available.
- Additional Features
- In-camera time lapse and stop motion animation
- 1/8000 second maximum shutter speed
- 1/250 second shutter speed sync for built-in and external flash
- Face / Eye Detection AF
- Magnification of 1-Area focus point
- Language support: English and Spanish.
|Focus Type||Auto & Manual|
|Focus Mode||Continuous-servo AF (C), Flexible (AFF), Manual Focus (M), Single-servo AF (S)|
|Battery||1x Rechargeable Lithium-Ion Battery Pack, 7.2VDC, 1860mAh|
32 to 104°F (0 to 40°C)
Humidity: 10 - 80%
|Dimensions (WxHxD)||5.2 x 3.7 x 3.3" / 132.9 x 93.4 x 83.9 mm|
|Weight||19.75 oz / 560 g with SD card and Battery|