In The Box
Olympus LI‑92B Rechargeable Lithium‑Ion battery
Olympus F-2AC AC Adapter
Olympus CB-USB8 Cable (26")
Olympus Shoulder Strap
Olympus Instruction Manual
Olynpus World Wide Warranty Card
Olympus Viewer 3 Software CD-ROM
8GB Memory Card
Olympus STYLUS SH1 16mp, Touch LCD 3.0'', 24x Optical Zoom, 5 AXIS, WIFI, Full HD
Sharpen Your Focus
The SH-1 is the world’s first compact camera* with 5-axis image stabilization for still photographs as well as video, technology adapted from Olympus’s acclaimed OM-D series. In video mode, IS performance is superior to that of a digital camcorder. Combine this feature with the SH-1’s wide-angle 24x zoom and you can shoot blur-free from any distance.
With WiFi built right in, the SH-1 is designed to complement your digital lifestyle. Download the free Olympus Image Share app to your smart device and share photo and movie files with a press of a button. You can also control and operate the camera remotely, geotag photos, and apply custom signatures, Art Filters and stamps.
Advanced Video Capabilities
The SH-1 shoots Full HD 60p video for smoother action sequences and high-speed footage you can replay in frame-by-frame super-slow motion. Photo & Movie Capture allows you to simultaneously capture full-res still photos while recording HD video. Time-Lapse Movie compresses up to five hours of action into a 20-second movie. All you need is the director’s chair!
YOU ARE IN CONTROL
Designed to accommodate every shooting style, the SH-1 puts you in complete control. Hands-on types can customize settings (ISO, shutter speed, aperture) in Manual Mode, and use Live Guide to adjust color and brightness on the fly. Touchscreen controls make it easy to select autofocus points and trip the shutter, and a built-in electronic Level Gauge ensures perfectly aligned results.
FLEX YOUR CREATIVITY
When you want to go beyond basic snapshots, the SH-1 is ready. Continuous shooting (11fps)…interval shooting (up to 99 shots)…Backlight HDR (multiple images automatically combined for optimal brightness)… Hand-Held Starlight mode (sharp night scenes, no tripod required)…Panorama mode (easy panning)…Photo Story and Art Filters. Yikes! The only challenge is figuring out which creative tool to use.
Auto, Red Eye Reduction, Fill-in, Off
Angular blur (yaw, pitch)
Pitch refers to forward or rearward camera movement with respect to the X axis (horizontal), and yaw refers to right and left camera movement with respect to the Y axis (vertical). This tends to occur easily during telephoto shooting.
This is blur that occurs when the camera rotates clockwise or counterclockwise centered on the lens. This type of blurring tends to occur often on compact cameras that are lightweight compared to DSLRs and that are often held with a single hand.
This type of blurring occurs when the camera moves vertically (Y axis) or horizontally (X axis). This tends to occur easily during macro shooting.
The black Olympus Stylus SH-1 Digital Camera is a sleek, PEN-styled point-and-shoot featuring a 16MP BSI CMOS sensor and TruePic VII image processor to produce high-resolution imagery with notable low-light sensitivity and quality. The combination of these two technologies form Olympus' iHS technology, which serves to realize fast performance throughout the camera system, including a full-resolution continuous shooting rate of 11.5 fps and the FAST AF system, while also maintaining low image noise with a native sensitivity of ISO 6400. The sensor and processor also support recording full HD 1080p movies at 60 fps as well as HD 720p movies at up to 120 fps.
Benefitting the imaging capabilities of the SH-1 is an expansive 24x zoom lens, which provides a 35mm-equivalent focal length range of 25-600mm. Counterbalancing this lens' long reach, as well as aiding this camera's use in low lighting, is an advanced 5-axis sensor-shift image stabilization system that corrects for angular, rotational, and translational types of camera blur.
For image monitoring and review, a 3.0" 460k-dot touchscreen LCD is incorporated into the camera's design. Its touchscreen capabilities avail an intuitive means for navigating the menu system and for utilizing a host of camera features, including touch AF control, a built-in intervalometer, and adjustment of Live Guide settings, as well as for accessing the built-in Wi-Fi connectivity for seamless sharing of imagery to, and remote control from, a linked mobile device.
- 16MP BSI CMOS Sensor and TruePic VII Image Processor
- A 16 megapixel 1/2.3" backside-illuminated CMOS sensor and TruePic VII image processor work together to enable iHS (Intelligent High Speed) Technology, which benefits both the overall image quality and performance throughout the SH-1. The BSI design of the image sensor realizes notable sensitivity to ISO 6400 along with reduced noise levels to enhance image quality, especially in regard to working in difficult lighting conditions. Complementing the sensor's duties is an apt image processor, which benefits both the look and feel of imagery as well as enables a top full-resolution continuous shooting rate of 11.5 fps for working with fast-moving subjects. Furthermore, iHS technology also supports the use of the Intelligent Auto shooting mode, with accelerated scene recognition, as well as an enhanced FAST AF system.
- 24x Optical Zoom Lens and 5-Axis Image Stabilization
- Incorporated into the compact body design is far-reaching 24x optical zoom lens, which provides a 35mm-equivalent focal length range of 25-600mm, covering wide-angle to telephoto perspectives. 2x Super Resolution Zoom and 4x digital zoom can also be utilized to effectively increase the zoom magnification for working with even more distant subjects.
Benefitting this lens' expansive zoom range is 5-axis sensor-shift image stabilization, which minimizes the appearance of yaw, pitch, roll, up and down, and left to right types of camera movement, to realize sharper imagery with slower shutter speeds, longer focal lengths, and during macro shooting. In addition to the 5-axis sensor-shift stabilization, a hybrid 5-axis electronic stabilization system can also be applied for further refinement.
- Full HD Movie Recording
- Full HD 1920 x 1080p video recording is supported at 60 fps, as well as high-speed 120 fps or 240 fps recording, for slow-motion playback, in the HD 1280 x 720 format or 432 x 324 format, respectively. Beyond straight movie capture, full-resolution photographs can be simultaneously recorded during filming and a dedicated Time-Lapse Movie mode automatically compresses up to 5 hours of interval shooting into a 20 second movie.
- Body Design
- The SH-1's PEN-inspired body design incorporates a large 3.0" 460k-dot touchscreen LCD monitor to allow clear, bright live view monitoring, image playback, and intuitive menu navigation. The touchscreen functionality enables the ability to touch to focus and release the shutter as well as a simple means for navigating controls and settings.
- Built-In Wi-Fi Connectivity
- Built-in Wi-Fi connectivity enables seamless sharing of photos and movies from the camera to a linked mobile device for instant sharing online. Utilizing the Olympus Image Share app, you can also remotely control the camera from the smartphone or tablet, including the ability to zoom in or out, adjust exposure and focus, and release the shutter. Additionally, utilizing the location data from a mobile device, you can geotag your imagery for plotting to an interactive map.
- Other Camera Features
- A built-in electronic level gauge helps to ensure level horizons and plumb verticals when shooting.
- Interval shooting allows you to choose between 1-99 frames, with 10 second to 1 hour intervals and up to a 60 minute timer, to create time lapse imagery of slowly moving subjects.
- The manual exposure mode permits control over the shutter speed, aperture, and ISO settings, with the ability to check the results on the LCD prior to shooting.
- The intuitive Live Guide settings allow direct adjustment over brightness, color saturation, and color tone settings using an intuitive slider system facilitated by the touchscreen monitor.
- Face Detection AF, AF Tracking, Selective AF area (using the touchscreen interface), and AF Lock focus modes are available to suit working with a wide variety of subject types.
- Photo Story is a creative mode allowing you to create a multi-perspective narrative within a single image, with multiple templates available to choose from.
- Backlight HDR automatically combines multiple exposures within a single frame to realize an extended range of tones with greater shadow and highlight detail than a single exposure can record.
- Hand-Held Starlight mode helps to create sharp, blur-free images of nighttime scenes without the use of a tripod.
- A built-in Panorama mode allows you to create in-camera panoramic imagery, up to 360° across, by simply panning the camera about the scene.
- 11 different Art Filters can be applied to creatively enhance imagery: Pop Art, Soft Focus, Pale & Light Color, Grainy Film, Pin Hole, Diorama, Dramatic Tone, Fish Eye, Sparkle, Reflection, and Fragmented.
- Three different Picture Modes can be applied to alter the overall quality of imagery: Vivid, Neutral, and Muted.
- In-addition to the standard 2 second and 12 second self-timer delays, a custom self-timer can be set to record 1-10 pictures in a 1-3 second interval with a 1-30 second start timer.
- In-camera image editing: Resize, Crop, Audio Clip (record 4 sec. audio clip for an image file), Red Eye Fix, Shadow Adjustment, Rotate Image, and e-Portrait (smoothes skin tone for viewing on an HDTV).
- In-camera movie editing: In-Movie Image Capture (captures pictures from a movie file) and Movie Trimming (erase unwanted portions from a movie file).
- Language support: English, French, Spanish, Brazilian Portuguese, European Portuguese, German, Italian, Russian, Czech, Dutch, Danish, Polish, Swedish, Norwegian, Finnish, Croatian, Slovenian, Hungarian, Greek, Slovak, Turkish, Latvian, Estonian, Lithuanian, Ukrainian, Serbian, Korean, Simple Chinese, Traditional Chinese, Thai, Arabic, Bulgarian, Romanian, Persian, Indonesian, Hebrew, Malay, Vietnamese, and Japanese.
Olympus STYLUS SH1 16mp, Touch LCD 3.0'', 24x Optical Zoom, 5 AXIS, WIFI, Full HD
|File Formats||Still Images: JPEG
Movies: H.264, MOV
Audio: Linear PCM
|Image Stabilization||Sensor-Shift, 5-Way|
|Memory Card Type||SD
|Resolution||1920 x 1080: 60 fps
1280 x 720: 120 fps
640 x 480
432 x 324: 240 fps
|Audio Recording||Built-in Mic: With Video + Voice Memo, Stereo|
|Screen||3.0" LCD Rear Touch Screen (460,000 pixels)|
|Connectivity||AV Output, DC Input, HDMI D (Micro), USB 2.0|
|Battery||1x LI-92B Rechargeable Lithium Polymer Battery Pack, 3.6VDC, 1350mAh|
|AC Power Adapter||F-2AC (Included)|
|Dimensions (WxHxD)||4.3 x 2.5 x 1.7" / 108.8 x 63.2 x 42.4 mm|
|Weight||9.56 oz / 271 g|