In The Box
- Olympus M.Zuiko DIGITAL ED 14-42mm f/3.5-5.6 II Lens
Olympus BLS-5 Lithium-Ion Rechargeable Battery
Olympus BCS-5 Lithium-Ion Battery Charger
Olympus FL-LM1 Flash for E-PM1/E-PL3 Cameras
Olympus USB Cable
Olympus A/V Cable
Olympus Shoulder Strap
Olympus Viewer 2/ib Software CD-ROM
Olympus Instruction Manual
The E-PM2 Mirrorless Micro Four Thirds Digital Camera with 14-42mm f/3.5 - 5.6 II Lens (White) from Olympus is a compact mirrorless interchangeable lens camera that comes with the Micro Four Thirds M. Zuiko ED 14-42mm f/3.5 II zoom lens and the FL-LM1 flash unit.
A 16MP Live MOS sensor and TruePic VI Image Processor provide high resolution photo and video and fast performance. The TruePic VI Image Processor features Real Color Technology for accurate color reproduction and improved gradation. The F.A.S.T. Autofocus technology with 35 separate focus points brings with it accurate and swift focus across the entire sensor and 8 frames per second of continuous shooting is there to capture those fast-action sequences.
ISO sensitivity that ranges up to 25600 offers flexibility when shooting in low light and In-body Image Stabilization reduces the effects of camera movement when shooting in low light or with long telephoto lenses. The In-body Image Stabilization also works on video and the E-PM2 captures video in Full 1080i HD and the Direct HD Movie Button switches you from still to movie mode with just one touch of the button.
The 3.0" LCD offers touch control of autofocus points and shutter release and the responsive Vertical Bar Touch Navigation system for intuitive settings control. The Live Guide system allows you to preview the camera's effects as you adjust them. Just push the Direct Live Guide Button to see how your photo will look before you take it.
iAuto and 23 Scene Select Modes are available for easy auto shooting. iAuto identifies the type of scene you are shooting and adjusts the settings to optimize image results and Scene Select mode allows you to set the camera to the type of shot you will be taking whether it be Fireworks, Sunset, Children or even 3D. Face Detection with Eye Detect adjusts focus automatically onto the subject's eyes for beautiful portraits. Also available are 12 in-camera Art Filters which allow you to adjust your images with effects like Pop Art, Soft Focus and Grainy Film. These can be applied to HD videos as well.
For ease of handling and ergonomic control, the E-PM2 has a built-in rubberized grip. And the Olympus Dust Reduction System shakes off dust from the sensor every time the camera is turned on.
For complete flexibility and creative options, this Olympus mirrorless camera is compatible with a full line of M. Zuiko lenses including the Digital ED 14-42mm f/3.5-5.6 II which is bundled with this camera. With a retractable mechanism design, this 3X zoom lens is compact with an overall length of approximately 1.9" (48mm). The lens comprises 8 elements--including 3 aspherical lenses--in 7 groups. It is designed specifically for Micro Four Thirds mounts and with a multi-coating on all lens surfaces, it offers even light transmission and reduced aberrations. This is a versatile lens, covering wide-angle to moderate telephoto focal lengths. The MSC (Movie & Still-Compatible) mechanism employs fast, virtually silent autofocusing that won't be picked up by your microphone during video recording.
- 16MP Live MOS Sensor
- The 16MP Live MOS sensor is optimized to maximize the performance of all M.Zuiko digital lenses in any shooting condition. Improvements to the sensitivity and read-out speed of the existing sensor makes ISO 25600 shooting and Full HD movie recording possible
- Improved Color Reproduction
- The TruePic VI Image Processor, designed specifically for the Olympus PEN series, features Real Color Technology for improved color reproduction and color gradation. The faster processor also allows for a shorter recovery time between shots and faster overall performance.
- Fast, Accurate Auto Focus
- The F.A.S.T. (Frequency Acceleration Sensor Technology) AF System is able to focus at high speed and offers 35 separate focus points that are spread over the sensor, which makes it possible for accurate focusing on small subjects wherever they appear in the frame. Selectable 3x3 groups within the 35-point area are especially effective when shooting moving subjects. Available options: All target, Group target area (9-area), Single target (normal) Single target (small). AF Tracking function locks your subject into focus and continuously adjusts focus and brightness even if the subject disappears from view momentarily. Magnified frame AF: Selectable from over 800 AF points
- 3.0" LCD with Responsive Vertical Bar Touch Navigation
- This bright, high-resolution 3.0" screen offers touch control of camera settings with its Responsive Vertical Bar control. Controls include Touch shutter release, Touch enlargement, Touch Live Guide, AF area selection, AF area enlargement, Frame forward/backward, Enlargement playback, Touch Super Control Panel, Touch Art Filter selection, Touch scene mode selection, and Touch stripe screen (picture mode control). Brightness / Color temperature control: ±7 levels. Color tone: Vivid or Natural
- Live View
- The LCD screen offers Live View with the following features: Approximately 100% field of view, Exposure compensation preview, WB adjustment preview, Gradation auto preview, Face detection preview (up to 8 faces), Grid line, Histogram, Magnification display (x5/x7/x10/x14), and Highlight and shadow. Up to 8 frames of face detection can be displayed. The Live view image is magnified when the focus ring is rotated (in S-AF+MF or MF mode)
- Immediate Response Touch Autofocus and Shutter
- Control focus and shutter release with just a touch on the LCD screen. Improved sensitivity reacts immediately to touch so shutter release is instantaneous.
- In-Body Image Stabilization
- Olympus' in-body image stabilization technology makes it possible to use any Micro Four Thirds lenses (or Four Thirds lenses via an adapter), from wide-angle to telephoto, for clear, crisp photos no matter what the shooting situation, even in low light. To tailor the IS to the specific focal length you're using, you can manually input the following focal lengths: 8, 10, 12, 15, 16, 18, 24, 28, 30, 35, 40, 48, 50, 55, 65, 70, 75, 80, 85, 90, 100, 105, 120, 135, 150, 180, 200, 210, 250, 300, 350, 400, 500, 600, 800, 1000
- Full 1080i HD Video
- Shoot up to 29 minutes of Full 1080i HD video at 60fps with stereo sound in either AVCHD or AVI formats. A Direct HD Movie Button switches you from still to movie mode with just one touch. The One Push Teleconverter function magnifies up to 2x
- 8 FPS Sequential Shooting
- With the E-PM2 you can take up to 8 photos a second to capture fast-action sequences. The camera can maintain this speed for up to 15 photos in RAW or 19 in JPEG. At the slower speed of 3fps, you can capture up to 27 consecutive shots in RAW, or an unlimited number in JPEG.
- Increased ISO Sensitivity
- Capture low light photos with an increased ISO sensitivity to 25600.
- Fast Response
- The E-PM2 offers a full range of shutter speeds from 60 - 1/4000 seconds. The TruePic VI Image processor allows for reduced lag time between shots and faster image display.
- iAuto and 23 Scene Select
- iAuto automatically identifies the scene you're shooting - portrait, landscape, night portrait, macro, or sport - and adjusts the settings to optimize results. The E-PL5 is also equipped with 23 Scene-Select modes for effortless picture taking, including Fireworks, Sunset, Children, Macro, Documents and Panorama. There are even three scene modes that are specific to shooting with Olympus' fisheye, wide-angle and macro conversion lenses to optimize their performance.
- Face Detection with Eye Detect
- The face detection AF employs an Eye Detect AF that adjusts focus automatically on the subject's eyes during portrait shooting and can even be adjusted to focus on the right, left or camera-side eye. The Face Detection function captures up to eight faces, adjusting shutter speed and reducing the chance of blurred subjects when shooting several people at once.
- In-Camera Advanced Arts Filters
- Twelve In-camera Art Filters, including Pop Art, Soft Focus, Pale & Light Color, Light Tone, Grainy Film, Pin Hole, Diorama, Cross Process, Gentle Sepia, Dramatic Tone, Key Line and Watercolor, are enhanced by filter variations, art effects, and bracketing. Photographers can use Art Filters in all shooting modes as well as when filming HD movies. Art effects include Soft Focus, Pin-Hole, White Edge, Frame, Star Light, B&W, and Pict. Tone
- Picture Modes
- i-Enhance, Vivid, Natural, Muted, Portrait, Monotone, Custom, Art Filters. Gradation: Auto, Normal, High Key, Low Key (except Art Filters)
- Multi-Exposure and Bracketing
- Multi Exposure: 3 frames, Auto gain, Exposing on Recorded picture (RAW). Exposure bracketing: 2, 3 or 5 frames in 0.3/0.7/1.0EV steps selectable, 7 frames in 0.3/0.7EV steps selectable. ISO bracketing: 3 frames in 0.3/0.7/1.0EV steps selectable. White balance bracketing: 3 frames in 2, 4, 6 steps selectable in each A-B/G-M axis. Flash bracketing: 3 frames in 0.3/0.7/1.0EV step selectable. Art Filter bracketing: i-Enhance, Vivid, Natural, Muted, Portrait, Monotone, Custom, Art Filters selectable. Bracketing for HDR post process: 3 or 5 frames in 2.0/3.0EV steps selectable, 7 frames in 2.0EV steps selectable (HDR picture cannot be created by this function)
- 3D Still Shooting
- Add a third dimension to your photographs in any mode from macro to landscape with Olympus' 3D technology. Simply select the 3D Photo Mode and by releasing the shutter and slowly panning, the camera will automatically take a second image from a slightly different perspective. The 3D data is processed in-camera resulting in an .MPO file for easy display on 3D compatible televisions or laptops.
- Built-in Grip
- An easy-to-hold rubberized grip is built into the E-PM2 body for ergonomic control while shooting.
- Live Guide with Direct Live Guide Button
- The Live Guide system allows you to preview effects as you adjust them - before the image is even captured. Simply select Live Guide with one push of the dedicated button and turn the wheel on the back of the camera to slide through numerous photographic effects, such as brightness, color saturation and tone and see how your image will look with these adjustments applied.
- AF Illuminator
- This bright LED beam allows the camera to focus faster in low light, up to almost 10 feet.
- Attachable Flash Included
- This camera provides the flexibility to attach a flash to your camera via the accessory port, or leave it at home for greater portability. The FL-LM1 flash is included, featuring the following modes: Auto, Red-eye reduction, Fill-in, Flash Off, Red-eye reduction / Slow sync.(1st curtain), Slow sync.(1st curtain), Slow sync.(2nd curtain), Manual
- Expandable System
- A range of interchangeable lenses, accessories and strobes are compatible with the E-PM2 to support all different types of photography needs
- Accessory Port
- A port for connecting accessories including flashes, PP-1 PENPAL Bluetooth device, MAL-1 Macro Light, SEMA-1 Microphone adapter and the VF-2 and VF-3 viewfinders is part of this camera's design. Compatible external flashes include FL-50R, FL-36R, FL-20, FL-14, FL-300R, FL-600R
- Professional Audio Sound Capture
- Take videos with uncompressed CD-quality 16bit/44.1kHz Linear PCM stereo recording or AC3 Dolby Digital audio. The camera's microphone reduces wind noise, features recording volume adjustment, and enables audio dubbing for still pictures (up to 30 sec)
- Easy Photo and Video Playback On Your HDTV
- Using the HDMI output, just connect the E-PM2 to your HDTV with an HDMI cable (not included) and navigate the camera's menus on the HDTV to share your pictures and movies with an audience.
- Dust Reduction System
- Olympus' Dust Reduction System assures spot-free images, even after changing lenses. Every time you turn on the camera, the Supersonic Wave Filter silently vibrates, removing dust so that it doesn't interfere with the picture imaging at any time.
- Advanced Shadow Adjustment Technology
- Extreme contrast between dark and bright areas in your images is reduced by the E-PM2's Shadow Adjustment Technology, which corrects for extreme light variations with high-tech efficiency, either before you shoot or during post-capture touch-up.
- Editing RAW and JPEG Files In-Camera
- Functions: RAW development, Gradation auto, Monochrome, Sepia, Red-eye fix, Saturation, Resize (1280x960, 640x480, 320x240), Trimming, Aspect, e-Portrait, Image Overlay, Post recording. RAW picture editing: RAW development based on settings of the camera(including Art Filter). Detail edit is acceptable (Preview, Memory of 2 settings, re-development)
- Image Share Technology
- The E-PM2 is capable of recording stills and video to SD, SDHC, SDXC and UHS-I media cards. With an optional PP-1 PENPAL Bluetooth device, Eye-Fi card, Flash Air Media Card or your smartphone, you can upload images directly from your camera to social networking sites.
- Single-frame, Information display, Index display (4/9/25/100 frames), Calendar, Enlargement (2x - 14x), Movie (with sound, FF/REW/Pause), Picture rotation (auto), Slideshow (with BGM/BGM+Sound/Sound): Still/Movie/Still+Movie. When the camera is connected to an HDTV via an HDMI cable, 3 new slideshow effects are selectable. Four background music tracks are included in the camera, and you can also download music from the OLYMPUS website. Auto angle correction also available. Information display: Histogram (independent luminance / RGB available), Highlight/Shadow point warning, AF frame, Photographic information, OFF
- Print reservation (DPOF), Direct print (PictBridge compatible)
- Included 14-42mm F/3.5 Lens
- The M.Zuiko Digital ED 14-42mm f/3.5-5.6 II is bundled with this camera. With a retractable mechanism design, this 3X zoom lens is compact, measuring approximately 1.9" (48mm) long. Comprising 8 elements--including 3 aspherical lenses--in 7 groups, the lens features a multi-coating on all surfaces, providing even light transmission and reduced aberrations. A 7-blade circular aperture diaphragm creates natural background blur. Covering wide-angle to moderate telephoto focal lengths, this versatile lens is suitable for everyday photography. Its MSC (Movie & Still-Compatible) mechanism employs fast, virtually silent autofocusing that won't be picked up by your microphone during video recording.
- 34 languages selectable: English, French, German, Spanish, Italian, Japanese, Korean, Traditional Chinese, Simplified Chinese, Russian, Czech, Dutch, Danish, Polish, Portuguese, Swedish, Norwegian, Finnish, Croat, Slovenian, Hungarian, Greek, Slovakian, Turkish, Latvian, Estonian, Lithuanian, Ukrainian, Serbian, Bulgarian, Rumanian, Indonesian, Malay, Thai