In The Box
1 x Nissin DI866 Mark II DSLR Camera Flash
1 x Nissin Manual<
High sensitivity wireless sensors
Durable hot-shoe mounting
Tired of your flash no longer working whenever a new camera comes onto the market ? A firmware upgrade service is available for the Di866 Mark II, which provides a service terminal to upload the latest software. A charge for the firmware update service will apply, varying depending on the area. Please check at your local dealer for details about the update service.
Please check the compatibility chart.
Color and Auto Rotate Display bears simple and user friendly features of our design concept
The Color Display will automatically follow camera angle in different position and six icons interface gives user friendly operation and representing different menus – Auto, TTL, Manual/Av, Multi, Wireless TTL (Master/Remote) and Customer Setting.
Various Functions – TTL, Manual/Av, Multi Flash
TTL: Supporting Canon E-TTL/E-TTL II , Nikon i-TTL/i-TTL-BL and Sony ADI/P-TTL. Flash light is automatically controlled by the camera but the flash exposure value can be compensated.
Manual: Flash power can be adjusted manually at 22 levels, from full power to 1/128 power at every 1/3 stops. The appropriate distance to the subject is shown in the display in accordance with the aperture value set on the camera.
Av priority: The flash light can be automatically controlled by the photo sensor built-in the flash unit instead of TTL metering. The F. Stop can be set from F1.4~F16. The distance at the F-stop set on the flash and camera is shown in the display.
Multi Flash: The power ratio can be set from 1/8 to 1/128.
The best solution for off camera flash technique
The Di866 Mark II Wireless TTL system support Canon/Nikon/Sony wireless TTL system. Di866 Mark II can be used jointly with Canon, Nikon and Sony original flash as either Master and Remote (Slave).
The Di866 Mark II also supports digital (pre-flash system) and analogue (film type camera’s flash and/or studio flash under both of Manual and Av. priority mode.
Multi-Flash: Repeating flash for multi-exposure image in one frame.
The power ratio can be set from 1/8 to 1/128.
The Di866 Mark II provides an extra small flash (GN12) below the main flash. This small flash gives a fill-in light while bouncing the main flash. Bouncing the light may shadow the underside of face, and this fill-in flash brightens up the shadow. The power ratio of Sub-Flash can be set from 1/1 to 1/128
Auto Zoom covers 24~105mm focal range. Light diffusing panel covers wide 18mm (35mm format)
TTL exposure level is accurately calibrated for standard balance in accordance with Nissin’s standard. If any adjustment is however required, or if you like to set your own preferable level, it can be adjust for about +3Ev. ~-3Ev. by every 1/3 step.
Quick Loading Battery Magazine
The Di866 Mark II has battery magazine system same as Di866 professional and Di466. A convenient battery magazine provides all four AA-size batteries slot in the same direction, so that the batteries can be correctly inserted without fail even in the poor light condition.
External Service Box
External Power Pack Socket – Di866 Mark II supports Nissin Power Pack PS 300.
X terminal – Di866 Mark II has X-terminal socket for flash synchronization.
USB Service Port – Di866 Mark II provides a USB port to update the latest firmware.
Rear curtain sync and High speed shutter
In Rear curtain sync., the flash fires just before the rear curtain closed. By using this function at slow shutter speed, a moving subject will appear with such moving marks behind. High speed sync. is recommended for daylight flash photography.
Flash head tilts up to 90°and rotates horizontally 90°to the right and 180°to the left.
Fill-in reflector and Light diffusing panel installed
- Usable camera : Canon digital camera, Nikon digital camera, Sony digita camera
- Guide Number (ISO100) : 60m, 198ft. (105mm), 40m, 132ft. (35mm)
- Focal length Coverage : 24~105mm (18mm with wide angle diffuser)
- Power Source : 4 x AA battery
- Recycle Time : 0.1-5.5 sec. (Alkaline, NiMH)
- Number of Flashes : 150-1500 times
- Flash Duration : Manual mode 1/300 (Full Power) , TTL mode 1/300-1/30000 sec.
- Energy Saving : Auto power off Off, 10, 15, 30, 45, 60 mins
Stand-by mode 30 sec.
Display off Display screen switch off
- Color Temperature : 5600K
- Flash Power Control System : Full Auto E-TTL, E-TTL II (for Canon), i-TTL/i-TTL-BL (for Nikon), ADI/P-TTL(for Sony), Ev compensation adjustment on camera
TTL E-TTL, E-TTL II (for Canon), i-TTL/i-TTL-BL (for Nikon),ADI/P-TTL(for Sony) [Advanced] Ev compensation, Manual zoom, Sub-flash allowed
Auto Aperture Flash F1.4-F16 (ISO100), 1/3 Ev steps, [Advanced] Manual zoom, Sub-flash allowed
Manual Power Full-1/128, 1/3Ev steps, [Advanced] Manual zoom, Sub-flash allowed
Multi-flash Frequency-90Hz, 1-90 times, Power 1/8-1/128
- Wireless Remote flash Slave:
Slave Digital Slave / Film Slave, [Advanced] Sub-Flash Allowed
Wireless TTL Master / Remote, 4 Channels, 3 Groups (A, B, C)[RMT, RMT2 for Sony], Modes: Off/ TTL/ Manual, TTL Flash Ratio Adjustable
- Ev Compensation on flash : -0.3 - +3.0, 1/3Ev steps
- My TTL setting : -0.3 - +3.0, 1/3Ev steps
- Bounce Function : Upward 90 degree, Left 90 degree, Right 180 degree
- Sub-flash: Manual Full - 1/128, 1Ev steps
- FE/FV Lock : [FEL] OR [*] Button for Canon, [AE-L] OR [AF-L] for Nikon
- Rear curtain sync. : Yes
- High speed sync. : Yes
- Red eye reduction mode for Nikon: Yes
- Slow sync. mode for Nikon: Yes
- Red eye reduction mode + Slow sync. mode for Nikon : Yes
- AF assist light distance : 0.7-10m
- Operation Control mode : Color Display (Auto Rotation)
- Firmware Update Terminal : USB
- X terminal : Yes
- External power pack socket : Nissin Power Pack PS-300, Canon original pack, Nikon original pack (except Nikon SD-9), Sony original pack
- Accessories : Soft Pouch, Flash Stand with Tripod screw
- Dimension : 74(W) x 139(H) x 113(D) mm / 2.91(W) x 5.47(H) x 4.45(D) inches
- Weight : 380gr. w/o battery