In The Box
1 NIKKOR VR 10-30mm f/3.5-5.6 Lens
Nikon EN-EL20 Rechargeable Li-ion Battery (with terminal cover)
Nikon MH-27 Battery Charger
Nikon BF-N1000 Body Cap
Nikon UC-E15 USB Cable
Nikon AN-N1000 Neck Strap
Nikon ViewNX 2/Short Movie Creator CD
Nikon User's Manual
Nikon Reference Manual CD
8GB Memory Card
Nikon 1 J2 10-30mm
- [ Smart Photo Selector ] It starts shooting before you even press the shutter.
The camera chooses the best shot for you.
- [ Taking photos during Full HD movie recording ] Simultaneous recording of movies and stills without dropping a single frame.
- [ Full HD ] Enjoy Full HD movie recording.
- [ Turning on/off with retractable lens ] You can switch the camera on and off by simply rotating the zoom ring on the lens
- [ Built-in flash ] Inside. Outside. Get the light on your side.
- [ Mount Adapter FT1 ] The extensive lineup of NIKKOR lenses may be used with Nikon 1 through this adapter.
Advanced hybrid AF system
Nikon 1 is equipped with both a "phase-detection AF" superb for shooting fast action and a "contrast-detect AF" excellent for capturing subtle details in poorly lit areas. Nikon 1's advanced hybrid AF system intelligently selects the AF that best suits the scene and unfailingly delivers sharp images with high-speed and high-accuracy. Nikon 1 also boasts a wide coverage of 73 focus areas (41 focus areas in auto-area AF), which can track even a fast-moving subject and quickly capture it in focus.
Track the moving subject and capture a stunningly sharp image in an eternity of split second.
- High-speed continuous shooting:
- - approx. 10 fps [continuous AF]
- - approx. 60 fps [focus and exposure for the first frame fixed]
- Quickly follows the moving subject in focus when recording movies.
- With this innovative feature, you can seamlessly capture even quite difficult shots - such as energetic children at play, action-packed scenes from a sporting event, and wildlife in motion. With Nikon 1, you may be able to capture expressions and scenes you never knew existed before.
- *Nikon 1 J1/J2 number of continuous shooting frames: Around 13 frames at shooting speed of 10 fps; around 12 frames if shooting speed is set at 30 fps or 60 fps.
- *Nikon 1 V1 number of continuous shooting frames: Around 34 frames at shooting speed of 10 fps; around 30 frames if shooting speed is set at 30 fps or 60 fps.
(As determined by Nikon performance tests)
Smart Photo Selector
- It starts taking photos before you even press the shutter.
- The camera chooses the best shot for you.
It starts shooting before you even press the shutter.
By half pressing the shutter, the camera starts shooting automatically. It temporarily records 20 pictures right before and after the shutter timing. With this function, it's no longer possible to miss the definitive moment.
The camera selects the best image for you.
You no longer need "the extra shot, just in case".
Smart Photo Selector compares the 20 continuous images and chooses 1 best shot and 4 reserve shots to be saved. It automatically deletes the images that have out-of-frame figures, blinking eyes, or ones that are blurred, giving priority to save the better pictures.
- It records the slow motion movie and still photo at the same time.
- It will be like an original movie when you play Motion Snapshot images continuously.
A new imaging technology that incorporates the vibrancy of a movie into a still picture.
With Motion Snapshot, you can enjoy the live dynamism and reality of a movie in addition to the beauty of the moment that still pictures offer. You can also select a tune from 4 different types of music available, all to cherish the emotion of that moment with great vividness. By simply pressing the shutter, Motion Snapshot will allow you to record 1 second of movie along with a still picture. When played, the movie is shown in slow motion at 2.5 seconds while the still picture is played continuously.
Play the images continuously and the ordinary snapshots become a dramatic movie.
Play the pictures taken with Motion Snapshot continuously, and the experience will be like watching an original movie. The 2.5 second slow motion movie will remind you of that moment vividly, while the continuous play will let you enjoy the story unfold with brisk rhythm. Enjoy the new type of viewing experience that brings back your memory with amazing reality without the hassle of a complex edit work.
Taking photos during Full HD movie recording.
Simultaneous recording of movies and stills without dropping a single frame.
With Nikon 1, you can shoot Full HD movies so you can enjoy your creations on the big screen TV with your friends and family. Record Full HD movies up to 20 minutes (1920 x 1080/60i or 1920 x1080/30p) or up to 29 minutes (1280 x 720/60p).
You can also capture high-resolution still images (3840 x 2160, aspect ratio 16:9) beautiful down to every detail by pressing the shutter-release button even while shooting a movie without interruption, all the while tracking the subject with autofocus. The shutter sound will not be produced so as not to disturb the recording of the movie. Whether it's still images or movies, you no longer have to choose. Both can be yours with the small, yet versatile Nikon 1.