In The Box
Nikon LC-77 Snap-On Front Lens Cap 77mm
Nikon LF-1 Rear Lens Cap
Nikon HB-48 Bayonet Lens Hood
Nikon CL-M2 Ballistic Nylon Lens Case
** Preorder item, leadtime 8-12 weeks
Nikon 70-200mm f/4G ED VR NIKKOR AF-S Telephoto Zoom Lens
The essential telephoto zoom lens for passionate shooters.
With a f/2.8 fixed maximum aperture, VR II image stabilization and Nikon’s advanced lens technologies, the AF-S NIKKOR 70-200mm f/2.8G ED VR II delivers a versatile telephoto zoom range and professional performance in nearly any light. Whether you’re shooting low-light sports, wildlife, fashion, portraits or everyday subjects, the AF-S NIKKOR 70-200mm f/2.8G ED VR II will reliably capture stunning, bright, razor-sharp images and HD videos
Catch the shots that matter
Fast f/2.8 maximum aperture and VR II
An update to Nikon’s legendary f/2.8 fixed aperture telephoto zoom lens, the AF-S NIKKOR 70-200mm f/2.8G ED VR II captures stunning full-frame images with remarkable speed. Nikon VR (Vibration Reduction) image stabilization provides 3.5 stops* of blur free handheld shooting, assuring dramatically sharper still images and HD video capture. Silent Wave Motor (SWM) enables ultra-fast, ultra-quiet autofocusing with seamless manual focus override. No matter what you’re shooting, you’ll capture it with uncompromising speed and precision—at any focal length.
Images in a class of their own
Renowned NIKKOR optics and advanced Nikon lens technologies
Photos and HD videos captured with the AF-S NIKKOR 70-200mm f/2.8G ED VR II are second to none. The lens draws peak performance from advanced D-SLRs for exceptional sharpness, contrast and color rendering. From its enhanced autofocusing (SWM), VR II image stabilization, Nano Crystal Coat (N), Extra-low Dispersion (ED) glass and more, the AF-S NIKKOR 70-200mm f/2.8G ED VR II will broaden your shooting potential and inspire some of your most impressive shots yet.
Nikon Vibration Reduction
Learn more about Nikon’s in-lens VR image stabilization which assures dramatically sharper still images and video capture when shooting handheld.
Learn more about Nikon Vibration Reduction technology
*Based on CIPA Standard. This value is achieved when: FX-format compatible lenses are attached to an FX-format digital SLR camera and zoom lenses are set at the maximum telephoto position.
A Nikon in-lens technology that improves image stability by automatically compensating for camera shake. Lenses that offer VR will feature the abbreviation VR on the lens barrel.
Silent Wave Motor
AF-S NIKKOR lenses feature Nikon’s Silent Wave Motor (SWM), which represents a significant advance in AF lens technology. SWM uses ultrasonic vibrations—rather than a gear system—to focus the lens, providing incredibly smooth, silent and precise autofocus operation.
Nano Crystal Coat
An anti-reflective coating developed by Nikon that virtually eliminates internal lens element reflections across a wide range of wavelengths. Nano Crystal Coat solves ghost effects caused by red light and effectively reduces ghost and flare caused by light entering the lens diagonally.
ED (Extra-Low Dispersion) Glass
An optical glass developed by Nikon that is used with normal optical glass in telephoto lenses to obtain optimum correction of chromatic aberrations.
A-M stands for Auto-Manual Mode. Thanks to a mechanism incorporated in the lens barrel, smooth focusing operation in Manual focus mode is realized in the same way as users have become accustomed to with conventional manual-focus lenses by adding an appropriate torque to the focus ring.
Select NIKKOR lenses have a focusing mode which allows switching from automatic to manual focusing with virtually no lag time by simply turning the focusing ring on the lens. This makes it possible to seamlessly switch to fine manual focusing while looking through the viewfinder.
A NIKKOR lens in which only the internal lens group shifts during focusing. Thus, IF NIKKORS do not change in size during AF operation, allowing for compact, lightweight lenses capable of closer focusing distances. These lenses will be designated with the abbreviation IF on the lens barrel.
he NIKKOR AF-S 70-200mm f/4G ED VR Telephoto Zoom Lens from Nikon strikes an ideal balance between exceptional optics, advanced lens technologies, and a range of popular focal lengths. Designed for full-frame Nikon FX-format cameras, this G-series lens is also compatible with Nikon's cropped DX-format cameras. When attached to a cropped sensor camera, it turns the 70-200mm focal length into the 35mm equivalent of a 105-300mm zoom - with a maximum f/4 aperture throughout the zoom on either FX- or DX-format. Several advanced Nikon technologies combine to provide this lens with exceptional optical quality, and helpful features for low-light shooting, including Vibration Reduction (VR), three Extra-Low Dispersion (ED) Elements, a Silent Wave Motor (SWM), and several optical glass coatings.
Arguably the most helpful of these technologies is its Vibration Reduction technology, which prevents camera shake and allows for handheld shooting in low-light conditions. With this technology, you can shoot at shutter speeds up to five times slower than you otherwise could - producing much sharper photos and HD videos as a result.
When shooting in less than desirable conditions, you need to know that you can count on your shots to be focused quickly, precisely and quietly. Nikon's exclusive Silent Wave Motor (SWM) provides all of these, with a quick and seamless manual override as well. This is all done within the lens barrel, thanks to the Internal Focus design of this G-series lens, so that the length of the lens remains constant as you zoom or focus.
Focus as close as 3.3' so you can zoom in on your subjects, big or small, from a comfortable working distance. When you don't want or need autofocus, switch it off with the Manual/Auto (M/A) focusing mode that allows for almost zero lag time by simply turning the focusing ring on the lens. This means you won't have to move your eyes from the viewfinder in order to switch from quick AF, to refined manual focus.
Going deeper into the lens, we find it has a total of 20 elements in 14 groups, three of them being Extra-low Dispersion (ED) elements, as well as anti-reflective Nano Crystal Coat and Super Integrated multilayer Coating. The ED elements provide better sharpness and color correction by minimizing chromatic aberration - even at the widest aperture, and the Nano Crystal Coat prevents internal lens reflections, ghosting, and flare.
With a great telephoto zoom range, 5-stops of vibration reduction, and high quality optics, the NIKKOR 70-200mm f/4G ED VR lens provides sharp and clear images in bright sunlight or dim twilight.
- DX-Format (35mm Equivalent): 105-300mm
- Though it is a full-frame, FX-format lens, the 70-200mm f/4G is compatible with Nikon's cropped DX-format sensors. With a crop factor of 1.5x, DX-format sensor cameras turn the 70-200mm focal length of this lens into the 35mm equivalent of a 105-300mm lens, adding greater telephoto zoom capabilities on the smaller sized sensor.
- Aperture Range: f/4.0-32
- With a constant maximum aperture of f/4.0 throughout the zoom range, this lens' high quality design means you don't have to sacrifice your aperture in order to shoot higher focal lengths - as some lenses do when zooming in. From 70mm all the way up to 200mm you can use f/4 throughout, along with the shallower depth of field that it brings.
- 3x Extra-Low Dispersion (ED) Elements
- To reduce chromatic aberrations, most noticeable when zoomed all the way in to 200mm, the three extra-low dispersion glass elements correct specific wavelengths of light - providing maximum sharpness and minimum chromatic aberration, even at the widest f/4.0 aperture setting.
- Optical Vibration Reduction (VR)
- This optical Nikon lens technology improves image stability by automatically compensating for camera shake, with up to 5 stops of image stabilization. This means you can shoot at shutter speeds up to five times slower than would otherwise be possible, for dramatically sharper handheld photos and HD videos. Lenses such as this that offer vibration reduction even feature the abbreviation "VR" on the lens barrel.
- Silent Wave Motor (SWM)
- AF-S NIKKOR lenses feature Nikon's Silent Wave Motor (SWM), which provides AF lens technology that is fast, quiet and precise with seamless manual focus override.
- Manual/Auto Focusing Mode (M/A)
- The M/A focusing mode allows you to change from automatic to manual focusing immediately by simply turning the focusing ring on the lens. This makes it possible to seamlessly switch from quick autofocusing to fine manual focusing all while looking through the viewfinder.
- Anti-Reflective Nano Crystal Coat
- This anti-reflective coating reduces internal reflections from the lens elements, across a wide range of wavelengths. The Nano Crystal Coat removes ghosting effects caused by red light and effectively reduces ghosting and flare caused by light entering the lens diagonally - for greater image clarity and contrast.
- Optical Super Integrated Coating (SIC)
- In addition to the Nano Crystal Coat, this lens also has a Super Integrated multilayer Coating on its optical groups and lens elements.
- Internal Focus Lens Design (IF)
- Thanks to the Internal Focus (IF) design of the lens, you can focus automatically or manually without changing the length of the lens. All of the movement of the lens elements takes place within the lens barrel so you can remain at the same working distance throughout the focus range.
- Minimum Focus Distance: 3.3'
- Focus as close as 3.28 ft. from your subject with a maximum magnification of 1.36X; capture even the smallest subjects while maintaining a comfortable working distance.
- 9x Circular Aperture Blades
- Create beautiful softly blurred backgrounds (bokeh) with a more natural appearance.
- Filter Diameter: 67mm
- The 67mm from filter thread does not rotate, allowing rotating polarizing filters to be used.
- Tripod-Mounting Option
- Available with the RT-1 Tripod Collar (sold separately)
Nikon 70-200mm f/4G ED VR NIKKOR AF-S Telephoto Zoom Lens
|Filter Thread||Front:67 mm|
|Dimensions (DxL)||Approx. 3.1 x 7.0" (7.87 x 17.78 cm)|
|Weight||1.87 lb (.85 kg)|