In The Box
- View Through Case
Minox now offers a line of 62mm spotting scopes for the serious birder or outdoor enthusiast. Minox employs a certain set of company values - compact design, quality and precision are consistently applied in all their products. The new scopes certainly meet these ideals.
The ED glass (extra-low dispersion) employed in the creation of this scope results in perfect color reproduction and delineation, even during harsh tests of glare-filled and colorful subjects. A sturdy metal housing protects the precision mechanical and optical parts against harmful external influences. Nitrogen filling prevents misting up of the optical system on the inside, even under extreme temperature fluctuations.
There are those who prefer straight viewing in a spotting scope, and those that prefer a 45-degree angle. There can be no absolute certainty of which is better for you until you try them. But that being said, it is commonly accepted that it is simpler for multiple observers to use an angled scope than a straight version.
- Porro prism design with multicoated optics
- Optional 35mm SLR photo adapter makes scope become telephoto camera lens
- Reasonably compact, well balanced handling
- Precise focusing dial
- Five different eyepieces to suit your application
- Optional third party digital/video adapter attaches over the eyepiece and accesses shooting through eyepiece projection at higher magnifications for many digital or video cameras
- Compatible with 5 different bayonet-mounted eyepieces
- Accepts 67mm filters
|Objective Lens Diameter||62mm|
|Minimum Focus Distance||16.4' (5.0 m)|
|Weatherproofing||Waterproof & fogproof|
|Dimensions||12.9 x 3.9 x 3.5" (328 x 99 x 89mm) WxHxD|
|Weight||2.05 lb (930 g)|