In The Box
- Carrying Strap
The BN DC 7x50 Binocular (White/Black) from Minox is a marine binocular with all the navigational attributes needed designed for the water sportsman. With a plethora of digital features, the fully integrated digital compass is the premier feature of this finely made optics. Boasting Minox's fully coated Porro prism technology, the BN DC offers a wide range of innovations.
Precise tilt compensation allows the digital compass to keep its bearings regardless of the tilt of the seas. Water tight to over 16 feet / 5 meters, and nitrogen filled, this Minox Nautic Line optic is both waterproof and fogproof in any kind of marine weather. Besides the digital compass fitting into the body of the binocular making for a very ergonomic form-factor, the barometric pressure reading, tilt function for assessing the height of objects, digital stop watch, altitude, time, temperature and temperature history are all displayable with the push of a button, regardless of the direction the binocular is pointed. It has a twilight number rating of 18.7 making it ideal for early morning and evening use.
This fixed focus, or single ocular setting optic, remains sharp from over 65 ½ feet / 20 meters to the horizon and beyond. It can be adjusted for a close focus of 23 feet / 7 meters and then re-adjusted back for normal use. It comes with non-slip rubber armoring, a robust thermoplastic body, adjustable eyecups and a practical carrying strap. Don't cast-off without this binocular on board.
- Digital reticle or middle field of view display is user defined
- Thermoplastic body and non-slip rubber armoring endows robust durability
- Current barometric pressure and a record of the past 16 hours provide instant weather indicators
- Gravity sensor allowing for automatic tilt direction compensation and estimating height of objects
- Digital compass display in the centre of the field of view for direction bearings up-front and always accessible
- Stopwatch, clock, thermometer, altimeter, barometer and compass data presented in the center of the reticle for clear and easy readings
- Operating temperatures of 14° to 122°F / -20° to 50°C affords functionality in a wide range of weather conditions
|Objective Lens Diameter||50 mm|
|Angle of View||7.1°|
|Field-of-View||379.52' @ 1000 yd / 126 m @ 1000 m|
|Minimum Focus Distance||22.97' / 7 m|
|Exit Pupil Diameter||7.1 mm|
|Eye Relief||22 mm|
|Interpupillary Adjustment||Not Specified By Manufacturer|
|Dioptric Correction||-4 / +6|
|Dimensions||7.68 x 6.30 x 2.83" / 195 x 160 x 72 mm|
|Weight||2.75 lb / 1250 g|