In The Box
100% Original Lens from Fujifilm Malaysia
FUJINON LENS XF18-135mm f/3.5-5.6R LM OIS WR
The New Fuji 18-135m
Feature Genuine Versatile Lens
Covering a wide shooting range, from wide angles equivalent to 27mm* to telephoto 206mm* equivalent
The lens can be used for many subjects in various shooting scenes as it covers frequently used angles of view. These include wide angle, often used for shooting landscapes and architecture with an excellent sense of perspective (27mm*), a normal angle of view that naturally captures the image as is (35mm*, 40mm*, 50mm*), and telephoto, which symbolically cuts out portraits and sports scenes (85mm*, 135mm*, 200mm* with its 7.5x zoom.
In order to realize high descriptive performance with sharpness and rich contrast from wide angle to telephoto, high-performance glass materials including 4 aspherical glass lenses and 2 ED glass lenses are used. Multi-layer coating HT-EBC, which has high permeability (99.8%) and low reflectance (0.2%), is applied to the entire lens to effectively reduce lens flare and ghosting, which often occur in backlight conditions. Utilizing the wide zoom range of the lens, there is more freedom in composition and selecting angles.
Fast autofocus (max. 0.10 sec.)**, silent operation
The XF18-135mmF3.5-5.6 R LM OIS WR utilizes an inner focus mechanism*** for rapid autofocusing speeds. This was enabled by making the focus lens lighter and installing a linear motor. By combining this lens with the X-series camera body*4 which is compatible with phase detection AF, smooth photography is offered with faster AF.
Linear motor technology which directly drives the focus lens creates low noise for silent operation when shooting movies.
World's most advanced 5.0-stop image stabilization function
In order to realize the world's most advanced 5.0-stop image stabilization performance, performance to detect movement in the low-frequency band was improved, and an algorithm to accurately sense blur from the detected signal was developed. Correction performance improved by 2 times in the low-speed shutter range. This helps to support a lightly-equipped shooting style without the use of a tripod.
The newly adopted high-precision gyro sensor is installed with quartz oscillators which detect movement from high frequency to low frequency bandwidth.
Weather resistant structure
A weather resistant structure with applied sealing on 20 areas on the lens barrel is tough against various changes that occur in a natural environment, such as sudden rain, dust, and splashes of water.
Users can focus more on shooting by using the lens together with the premium mirrorless camera FUJIFILM X-T1, which has a weather resistant structure, as well as with the dedicated vertical grip "VG-XT1".
In order to improve the feel when adjusting zoom, a ventilator is placed in the interior of the bottom of the lens barrel. The structure effectively prevents dust particles and moisture from getting into the lens to allow for smooth operation.
Light-weight and compact design for excellent mobility
A wide shooting range, image stabilization function, and a weather resistant structure are realized in a size that weighs only 490g. When combined with the FUJIFILM X-T1, a light weight of just 930g will expand the area of activities of the photographer to help capture more photo opportunities.
4 "aspherical lenses" have been adopted, each of which deliver the performance of multiple general spherical lenses together, are used to realize extremely short optical length. With an easily maneuverable size and good holding balance with the total lens length, a comfortable shooting style is promised.
The Fujifilm XF 18-135mm f/3.5-5.6 R LM OIS WR Lens is a wide-angle to telephoto zoom lens designed for Fujifilm X-mount mirrorless cameras, where it provides a 35mm-equivalent focal length range of 27-206mm. Its optical system comprises 16 elements in 12 groups and includes four aspherical elements and two extra-low dispersion glass elements to maintain an overall compact form factor as well as reduce chromatic aberrations and distortions throughout the zoom range. An HT-EBC multi-layer coating has also been applied to lens elements to suppress lens flare and ghosting to realize contrast-rich, color-neutral imagery.
Benefitting this lens' use in difficult lighting conditions, an enhanced optical image stabilization system compensates for up to five effective stops of camera shake to produce sharper imagery with slower shutter speeds. For working in fast-paced situations, an inner focusing system, coupled with a linear AF motor, produces smooth and quiet focusing with a max AF speed of just 0.1 seconds.
Protecting the lens in inclement weather, the barrel features 20 distinct seals and an internal ventilator offers smooth zoom adjustment while preventing dust and moisture from entering the lens.
- 18-135mm f/3.5-5.6 zoom lens provides a 35mm-equivalent focal length of 27-206mm, covering wide-angle to telephoto perspectives to suit working in a wide variety of shooting situations.
- The optical design incorporates four aspherical elements and two extra-low dispersion elements to minimize chromatic aberrations and distortions throughout the zoom range while also lessening the overall size and weight of the lens.
- An HT-EBC multi-layer coating has been applied to lens elements to reduce lens flare and ghosting for greater image clarity and color fidelity.
- The lens barrel features 20 distinct seals across its design to resist dust and moisture from entering the lens. Additionally, further contributing to effective weather resistance, an internal ventilator ensures smooth zoom adjustment and prevents dust particles and moisture from reaching the interior of the lens.
- An enhanced optical image stabilization system, which includes dedicated OIS Unit Lenses with a wide range of corrective movements, compensates for the appearance of camera shake by an effective five stops to benefit working in low-light conditions and with slower shutter speeds. This enhanced OIS system employs a redeveloped algorithm, which checks for camera shake 8000 times per second and controls the optical system at a rate of 16,000 times per second, to correct for the slightest amount of camera shake. Two high-precision gyro sensors with quartz oscillators also work to detect both high and low frequency shakes in order to compensate for a wide range of camera movement types.
- An inner focusing design maintains the overall lens length during use and helps to achieve quick focusing speeds as short as 0.1 seconds. Additionally, a linear AF motor contributes to smooth and near-silent focusing performance to suit video recording.
FUJINON LENS XF18-135mm f/3.5-5.6R LM OIS WR
The New Fuji 18-135m
|Filter Thread||Front:67 mm|
|Dimensions (DxL)||Approx. 2.98 x 3.85" (75.7 x 97.8 mm)|
|Weight||1.08 lb (490 g)|