In The Box
Canon E-180D Lens Cap for EF 400mm f/2.8L IS II USM
Canon Lens Dust Cap E (Rear)
Canon Lens Case 800
Canon 52mm Drop-in Filter Holder
Canon ET-155 Lens Hood
Canon EF 800mm f/5.6L IS USM Lens
This is the longest telephoto lens among Canon's lineup, and a terrific choice for any long-distance application-outdoor sports, wildlife, news photojournalism, and so on. It's actually lighter than Canon's EF 600mm f/4L IS lens, weighing just under 10 lbs. It uses a refined optical design, with two fluorite lens elements, one UD element, and one Super-UD-glass element, for outstanding correction of color fringing and superb contrast and sharpness. This super-telephoto lens uses magnesium-alloy barrel construction to enhance its light weight, and has weather-resistant gaskets throughout for use in harsh conditions. It's compatible with both the EF 1.4x II and 2x II tele extenders for even more reach: EOS cameras with 45 AF points will continue to provide autofocus at the center AF point when the lens is used with the 1.4x extender. Finally, it's image stabilized, providing up to 4 stops of correction for camera shake. This makes it even more practical in many situations.
The EF 800mm f/5.6L IS USM Lens from Canon is currently Canon's longest telephoto lens, and an excellent choice for any long-distance application such as outdoor sports, wildlife, and photojournalism. Even though it has a long 800mm focal length, the magnesium alloy used in the construction for this lens makes it lighter then the 600mm f/4L lens, weighing in at less than 10 lb.
This lens shares the same lightweight, weather-resistant construction as the rest of the L-series super telephoto lenses, as well as their improved control layout, weight distribution, and mechanical manual focus. Its two-mode Image Stabilizer system allows the use of shutter speeds up to four times slower with no perceptible increase in image blur. Mode 1 is best used for still subjects while Mode 2 is optimized to pan with moving subjects.
An ultrasonic autofocus motor enables fast, smooth and quiet AF action, while a focus preset function allows you to store focusing positions and return to them in an instant when needed. An AF stop button will pause autofocus with just a touch and manual focus override allows precise manual focus even in AF mode. A focus range limiter function lets you to save time by establishing a focus distance range for your specific subject.
For optimum visual performance, the lens incorporates four types of special optical elements: aspherical elements to correct spherical aberrations, and refracting Fluorite, UD and Super UD (ultra-low dispersion) elements to eliminate secondary chromatic aberrations. An integrated, rotating tripod collar provides balance and stability and the rear drop-in filter slot and holder enable easy filter use. A large lens hood, hard case and lens caps are included.
- Magnesium alloy construction keeps its weight comparable to shorter telephoto lenses.
- Two-mode image stabilization; dual-axis camera shake correction or vertical axis only (for panning)
- AF Stop function shuts off autofocus when obstruction appears
- Focus preset function allows for returning to a specifically set focus by turning a ring in front of the focus ring.
- Focusing range limiter function lets you set the focus distance range for shorter focus times. The three ranges are 19.7' - infinity (full range), 19.7 - 65.6', and 65.6' - infinity.
- Full-time manual focus override
- A tight seal structure ensures excellent dust and moisture resistant performance.
- Built-in rotatable tripod collar
- Fluorite, Super UD and UD (ultra-low dispersion) lens elements minimize aberrations and help to produce an overall sharp, high-contrast image.
- Super Spectra coatings reduce ghosting and flare.
- Circular aperture produces attractive background defocus.
- Compatible with Canon EF1.4x II and EF2x II Focal Length Extenders
Canon EF 800mm f/5.6L IS USM Lens
|Tripod Collar||Yes Fixed - rotating|
|Filter Thread||Drop-in:52 mm|
|Dimensions (DxL)||Approx. 6.4 x 18.1" (16.26 x 45.97 cm)|
|Weight||9.92 lb (4.5 kg)|