In The Box
Canon E-77U 77mm Snap-On Lens Cap
Canon Lens Dust Cap E (Rear)
Canon EW-83K Lens Hood for Canon 24mm f/1.4L II USM Lens
Canon Lens Case LP1214
Canon EF 24mm f/1.4 L II USM
The Canon EF 24mm f/1.4L II USM Lens from Canon lens is a wide-angle prime lens that provides sharp imaging and impressive performance at all settings. Its wide maximum aperture of f/1.4 allows for effective low-light photography and its circular aperture and narrow depth of field provide pleasing background blur. It is ideal for photojournalists, landscape and event photographers, and anyone who enjoys taking images from a wider perspective.
This version "II" improves greatly over its predecessor with the addition of two high-precision aspherical elements, which correct aberration including curvature of field and distortion. Chromatic aberration common in wide-angle shooting is also reduced by the inclusion of two UD lenses, which ensure optimum image quality and corner-to-corner detail. The lens elements have anti-reflective SWC (Sub-Wavelength Coating) that minimizes ghosting and flaring across the lens surface, regardless of the angle with which light enters.
The EF 24mm f/1.4L II USM lens features Canon's near-silent Ultra Sonic Motor (USM), which provides fast auto-focusing with full-time manual override. The floating internal focus system also helps maintain image quality throughout the focal range. As an L-series lens, it is designed to withstand the demands of professional usage and features Canon's advanced weather and dust sealing.
- Fast f/1.4 Maximum Aperture
- A wide f/1.4 maximum aperture allows this lens to be very effective in low light situations and provides shallow depth of field focusing.
- Aspherical and UD Lens Elements
- Two aspherical and two UD lens elements minimize chromatic aberrations.
- SWC (Sub Wavelength Coating)
- The anti-reflective SWC (Sub Wavelength Coating) differs from conventional coatings by using a much finer structure, which minimizes ghosting and flaring across the lens surface, regardless of the angle with which light enters or exits.
- Ring-Type USM Autofocus Motor
- Canon's very best autofocus mechanisms are in place, permitting full-time manual focusing override without requiring a switchover from AF to MF mode. The USM (Ultrasonic Motor) is fast and virtually silent which is ideal for discreet shooting and when using this lens to record video. The floating rear focusing system maintains performance across the entire focus range.
- Canon's "L-Series" designation indicates that this lens meets their highest quality standards with excellent color reproduction and edge to edge sharpness. Lens elements are made from lead-free glass and a tight seal structure ensures excellent dust and moisture-proof performance
Canon's newest fixed length L-series lens, the EF 24mm f/1.4L II USM, incorporates the newest in Canon lens technology for spectacular sharpness and impressive performance at all settings. It features two high-precision, large-diameter aspherical lenses for sharpness across the sensor, even in peripheral areas of full-frame sensors. Lens elements have a newly-designed anti-reflective SWC (Sub Wavelength Coating) that departs from conventional coatings by using an extremely fine structure that minimizes ghosting and flaring across the lens surface, regardless of the angle with which light enters or exits. It also features two UD lens elements to minimize chromatic aberrations, incorporates rear-focusing, ultrasonic, quiet and high-speed AF with full-time manual override. A circular aperture provides beautiful out-of-focus detail and offers legendary dust- and water-resistant L-series construction using only lead-free glass.
Canon EF 24mm f/1.4 L II USM
|Camera Mount Type||Canon EF|
|Format Compatibility||35mm Film / Full-Frame Digital Sensor
|Angle of View||84°|
|Minimum Focus Distance||9.84" (25 cm)|
|Filter Thread||77 mm|
|Dimensions (DxL)||Approx. 3.29 x 3.42" (83.5 x 86.9 mm)|
|Weight||22.93 oz (650 g)|