In The Box
Canon E-67 II 67mm Lens Cap
Canon Lens Dust Cap E (Rear)
Canon EFS 18-135mm f/3.5-5.6 IS STM
The EF-S 18-135mm f/3.5-5.6 IS STM Lens from Canon is a wide angle zoom lens with an 18-135mm focal range that is equivalent to 29-216mm in the 35mm format. This wide set of focal lengths offers flexibility in shooting everything from expansive landscapes and cramped interiors to group shots, portraits and distant subjects. Optical Image Stabilization reduces the blurred effect of camera shake up to 4 stops and the new Dynamic Image Stabilization improves the look of video while tracking moving subjects or walking with your camera.
This EF-S lens is designed to match the APS-C sensor size and its STM designation (Stepping Motor) gives it a smooth and quiet autofocus that is ideal for shooting video with the Movie Servo AF feature found on select Canon DSLRs. Autofocus speed is achieved thanks to the lens' high speed CPU connection with the camera and its Inner Focusing System. Auto and manual focusing is possible, aspheric and UD lens elements provide quality imaging and a zoom lock ring prevents the lens from accidentally extending. Given its wide focal range, it is particularly compact and lightweight, which is also beneficial when shooting video.
- Wide Focal Range
- With 74.2° to 11.3° angle-of-view, the Canon EF-S 18-135mm f/3.5-5.6 IS STM Lens offers excellent wide angle to telephoto focal lengths with Canon APS-C EOS Digital SLRs. In 35mm format its focal range is equivalent to 29-216mm.
- Image Stabilization
- Canon's Optical Image Stabilization system reduces the effects of camera movement and allows you to shoot sharp images with a 4-stop advantage in low-light conditions.
- Compact Design
- Measuring less than 4" in length and weighing about a pound, the lens boasts excellent portability without compromising optical quality.
- High Speed Autofocus
- An Inner Focusing system, optimized AF algorithm and high-speed CPU connections provide this lens with fast and accurate autofocus.
- Ideal for Video
- The stepping motor (STM) and focus mechanism and a new six-group zoom system offer quiet and smooth autofocus when used with the Movie Servo AF feature on select Canon DSLRs. This is ideal when shooting video so noise and jerky movements do not disrupt your action. The Dynamic Image Stabilization feature in Movie Shooting Mode reduces the effect of camera movement when shooting video while moving.
Designed to exceed expectations and ideal for video and still images alike, the new EF-S 18-135mm f/3.5-5.6 IS STM marks a new standard for EF-S lenses. It features a refined Image Stabilization system that delivers up to four equivalent stops of shake correction throughout the zoom range; and offers a maximum magnification of 0.28x at the telephoto end, while remaining even more compact in size. This EF-S lens supports the Canon EOS Rebel T4i DSLR's Movie Servo AF feature for smooth and quiet continuous AF during movie shooting by utilizing a new six-group zoom system and the adoption of a stepping motor and focus mechanism. High-speed autofocus is achieved thanks to an Inner focusing system, high-speed CPU, and optimized AF algorithm. Appearing for the first time in a Canon lens is Dynamic IS (Movie Shooting Mode only) that uses a wide image stabilization correction range to help ensure steady video while shooting when walking.Whether shooting movies or stills, image quality is phenomenal, with one UD and one PMo aspheric lens providing high resolution and high contrast images with reduced chromatic aberration throughout the zoom range. A 7 blade, circular aperture ensures beautiful, soft backgrounds and optimized lens coatings ensure excellent color with minimized ghosting and flare. A zoom ring lock even prevents the lens from accidently extending.
Canon EFS 18-135mm f/3.5-5.6 IS STM
|Focal Length||18 - 135mm
Comparable 35mm Focal Length: 29 - 216 mm
|Aperture||Maximum: f/3.5 - 5.6
Minimum: f/22.0 - 36.0
|Camera Mount Type||Canon EF-S|
|Format Compatibility||Canon (APS-C)|
|Angle of View||74° 20' - 11° 30'|
|Minimum Focus Distance||1.28' (39 cm)|
|Filter Thread||Front:67 mm|
|Dimensions (DxL)||Approx. 3.02 x 3.78" (76.6 x 96 mm)|
|Weight||16.93 oz (480 g)|