In The Box
Canon ET-155 (WII) Lens Hood for Select Canon Telephoto Lenses
Canon Lens Case 400C
Canon E-180D Lens Cap for EF 400mm f/2.8L IS II USM
Canon Lens Dust Cap E (Rear)
Canon Lens Wide Strap B f/EF 300 / 400 mm f/2.8L IS II USM
Canon 52mm Drop-in Gelatin Filter Holder (Black)
Canon Strap for Hard Case
Canon EF 400mm f/2.8 IS II USM
The stellar combination of superlative optics, astonishing performance and brilliant construction, the EF 400mm f/2.8L IS II USM super telephoto is the professional's choice for a long lens, and perfect for nature and wildlife photography. Over 28% lighter than its predecessor and now the lightest lens in its class, the EF 400mm f/2.8L IS II USM features Fluorite optics that deliver sharper images with less chromatic aberration, a completely redesigned Image Stabilization system that offers up to four extra stops of performance, a newly-developed Fluorine coating that keeps soiling, smears and fingerprints to a minimum, plus new construction in line with only the best that Canon has to offer. With a third Image Stabilization mode (Mode 3) that activates IS only when the shutter button is fully pressed, and giving the equivalent effect of a shutter speed four stops faster, the EF 400mm f/2.8L IS II USM allows for easy panning and is ideally positioned for professional action photography. With a new security slot for wire-type security locks, buttons and switches are redesigned for intuitive, deliberate operation, and dust and water sealing keeps the lens functioning flawlessly in even the most challenging environments.Sample Image
The EF 400mm f/2.8L IS II USM Lens from Canon is the perfect choice for nature, wildlife and sports photographers.
Using the three mode Optical Image Stabilization allows you to shoot at shutter speeds 4 stops slower, and the advanced third IS mode activates only when the shutter button is fully pressed, so you can pan with fast-moving subjects without the IS function interfering with composition and framing. An ultrasonic autofocus motor (USM) enables smooth, fast and quiet autofocus and a Power Focus mode allows smooth focus change which is especially important while shooting video. A focus preset function allows you to store focusing positions and return to them in an instant when needed. An AF stop button will pause autofocus with just a touch and manual focus override allows precise manual focus even in AF mode.
Image sharpness is enhanced with fluorite optics that deliver reduced chromatic aberration and SWC (SubWavelength structure Coating) reduces flare and ghosting. A circular aperture design helps to produce pleasing out of focus areas.
Dust and water sealing keeps the lens functioning even in less than ideal conditions and magnesium and titanium construction elements reduce its weight. Fluorine coating on the front and rear lens surfaces allows dirt to be removed easily and an attachment slot is provided for a wire-type security lock. The EF 400mm f/2.8L is compatible with Canon's EF1.4x III and EF2x III extenders and this lens includes a lens hood, 52mm drop-in gelatin filter holder, a detachable tripod collar and a hard travel case.
- Fluorite optics for sharper images and less chromatic aberration.
- Lighter weight due to magnesium and titanium construction elements.
- Three IS (Image Stabilization) modes offer a 4-stop shutter speed advantage.
- Advanced image stabilization Mode 3 activates only when shutter button is fully pressed, allowing for panning to follow fast-moving subjects.
- Ultrasonic autofocus motor and inner focus system enable fast, smooth and silent AF action.
- Power Focus mode allows smooth focus change when shooting video.
- Focus preset allows you to establish focus points and return to them quickly when needed.
- Focusing distance range can be selected with a switch on the lens barrel. By setting a suitable focusing distance range, actual autofocus time can be shortened. The three focusing ranges are 8.9-23', 23' to infinity and Full range.
- An AF Stop Button allows you to immediately pause autofocus action with a touch of a button on the lens barrel.
- Dust and water sealing for shooting in the most challenging environments.
- Detachable lens hood, a detachable, rotatable tripod collar, drop-in gelatin filter holder and hard travel case are supplied with the 400mm f/2.8L lens.
Canon EF 400mm f/2.8 IS II USM
Main Unit Spec
|Focal Length & Maximum Aperture||400mm 1:2.8|
|Lens Construction||16 elements in 12 groups (Including drop-in rear filter, Fluorite: G2 and G4, UD Lens: None)|
|Diagonal Angle of View||6° 10'|
|Focus Adjustment||Inner focusing system, with focusing cam|
|Closest Focusing Distance||2.7m / 8.86 ft.|
|Filter Size||52mm Drop-In|
|Max. Diameter x Length, Weight||6.4 x 13.5 in, 135.8 oz. / 163.0 x 343.0mm, 3850g|