In The Box
Sony NP-BY1 Rechargeable Lithium-Ion Battery Pack
Sony SPK-AS2 Waterproof Case for Action Cam
Sony Action Cam Adhesive Mount Pack (VCT-AM1)(1piece)
Sony Micro-USB Cable
Sony Tripod Adapter
Sony Operating Guide
Sony Live View Remote(RM-LVR2V)
32GB Memory Card
Full HD Action Cam Mini with Live View Remote Kit
- Bring your Action Cam everywhere without any hassle, thanks to its compact size and light weight
- Experience stunning low light performance for night shooting with the 11.9MP back-illuminated Exmor R™ CMOS Sensor
- Shoot high quality and precise fast action movies with 50Mbps XAVC S
- Capture smooth, steady images even while on-the-go with Advanced SteadyShot
- Stay in motion during filming with the new hands-free Live-View Remote RM-LVR2V*1
- Experience superior results with action scenes with our suite of advanced shooting features
*1 Live-View Remote RM-LVR1 which does not have built-in GPS is compatible with HDR-AZ1 with firmware version 2.00.
The Ultra-portable Camera For All Your
Designed for the rugged adventurer, the Full HD Action Cam Mini features a light and an IPX4-class splashproof body. The camera's slim size is about two-thirds of its predecessor, making it more portable than ever to capture your adventures with superb clarity.*
*As HDR-AZ1 features limited controls, operation using Live-View Remote RM-LVR2V is strongly recommended.
Live-View Remote RM-LVR1 which does not have built-in GPS is compatible with HDR-AZ1 with firmware version 2.00.
Capture Sharper Images Even In Low Light
Experience stunning low-light performance thanks to the 11.9 megapixel back-illuminated Exmor R™ CMOS sensor. The Action Cam Mini's Exmor R™ delivers clearer, sharper images and drastically reduces noise when shooting in dimly lit environments.
High-quality Movie Recording With The Smoothest Images
Capture fast-action scenes with smooth image motion, thanks to the XAVC S
recording with 50Mbps high bit rate data transfer. This heightens the precision
and clarity of Full HD images, while suppressing compression noise.
Enjoy Smooth, Blur-free Shooting Every Time
The built-in Advanced SteadyShot™ compensates for vibrations in motion. This enables smooth blur-free shooting, even when the Full HD Action Cam is worn during
fast-action sports such as biking, skiing and surfboarding.
Take Full Command With GPS Logging
Strap new Live-View Remote RM-LVR2V*1 on your wrist and keep the Wi-Fi® Action Cam at your instant command. Control remote playback*2 and delete recorded movie footage. Enhance brightness of the monitor screen for easier viewing in outdoor locations. RM-LVR2V supports GPS logging and transfer to the cam. Longer strap extends Live-View Remote uses.
*1Supplied with HDR-AZ1VR/ HDR-AZ1VB/ HDR-AZ1VW.
Awesome Features To Boost Your Movie Thrills
The Wi-Fi® Action Camera comes with a host of features to extend your movie-making possibilities. These include Live Streaming through Ustream that links to your favourite social accounts, burst shooting capabilities, and high-speed shooting for capturing beautifully smooth slow-motion footage.
*Prior to live streaming, Action Cam and PC must be connected, and Ustream telecast setup should be properly configured.
*Use of a smartphone/tablet capable of tethering or Wi-Fi router is needed for live streaming.
*In some countries, the user cannot connect to live streaming sites. This function must be utilised in accordance with the laws of that country.
Tell your stories with realistic, natural sound. The built-in stereo microphone ensures you can capture clear, crisp audio to accompany your stunning images and videos.
120p High Speed REC
The Full HD Action Cam Mini features a high frame recording at 120 fps, allowing you to catch each nuance of fast-moving action scenes for beautifully smooth slow-motion footage.
Full Control By Smartphone & Tablet
You can control the camera via your smartphone/tablet by updating PlayMemories mobile. This enables remote playback and movie deletion in the camera unit.
170° Ultra-wide Angle ZEISS™ Tessar Lens
With the Action Cam Mini, you can capture breathtaking scenes of expansive landscapes thanks to its ultra wide-angle ZEISS Tessar lens which provides a spacious 170° viewing angle.
*170° when SteadyShot is OFF. 120° when SteadyShot is ON.
With easy-to-use editing tools, you can get the professional results you want with your Action Cam Mini. The new time code and user bit functions make it easy to edit multiple footage shot by several cameras, or editing footage from a designated point.
Upside-down Flip Capture
With this function, you can shoot easily even from an upside-down position. Simply choose the vertical image inversion setting prior to shooting, and the camera will then capture the footage in regular orientation.
For added convenience, the Action Cam Mini features a second tally light on top of the camera, in addition to the light on the back of the unit. This allows you to easily check the recording status from various angles.
The splashproof HDR-AZ1 Action Cam Mini from Sony is designed for capturing POV footage of adventures of all kinds. It features 1080p60 recording in the lower-compression XAVC S format at 50 Mbps and also offers a more compressed MP4 mode for extending recording times or to yield a file suitable for Web upload. In addition to video, it also takes 11.9-megapixel still photos with the option for single shot, burst shooting at up to 8 fps, and interval recording for creating time-lapse effects.
The camera itself is inherently water-resistant for use in the rain, snow, or situations where it might get splashed. For use in the water, it features the SPK-AZ1 waterproof housing which can be submerged safely as deep as 16'. Both the camera and the housing are adaptable to a wide range of mounting hardware. A universal 1/4"-20 tripod adapter and an adhesive mount are included and there are a number of separately available mounts that can be used with this camera and other members of the Action Cam line.
The HDR-AZ1 features Wi-Fi for live-viewing and remote operation using a smartphone or other mobile device, or the separately available RM-LVR2 Live View Remote Watch. It is also possible to live stream to the Internet when the camera is tethered to a mobile device that has an Internet connection. There camera records to SDHC or SDXC memory cards (XAVC S requires SDXC) and there is a micro USB port for transferring data to a computer as well as charging.
- Wi-Fi Enabled with NFC
- A 2.4 GHz Wi-Fi connection means you can view a live image and operate the HDR-AZ1 remotely using a smartphone or other mobile device, or with the separately available RM-LVR2V Live View Remote Watch. It is also possible to live stream from the camera when it is tethered to a mobile device with an Internet connection. NFC technology means you can pair the Action Cam with an NFC-enabled mobile device simply by tapping the two together
- Compatible with RM-LVR2V Live View Remote
- The RM-LVR2V is a wrist-worn remote for Action Cams that allows you to view a live image from the camera as well as operate record start/stop, take photos, and more
- Zeiss Tessar f/2.8 Lens
- The Zeiss-designed Tessar lens features an ultra-wide 170-degree angle of view when in interval photo mode or with the SteadyShot feature turned off. The angle of view drops to a still wide 120-degrees with SteadyShot on. An f/2.8 aperture helps ensure the Action Cam receives as much light as possible when shooting under low-light conditions
- 1/2.3" Back-Illuminated CMOS Sensor
- The HDR-AZ1's CMOS sensor features back-illumination, which moves the light-gathering circuitry to the back of the chip so that the photosites can be larger and gather more light
- BIONZ X Image Processor
- After the f/2.8 aperture and back-illuminated sensor, the BIONZ X image processor is the next most important feature in contributing to low-light performance. The processor also enables encoding video in either 50 Mbps XAVC S or high-efficiency MP4 compression while minimizing loss of detail and loss of dynamic range
- 50 Mbps XAVC S Recording
- XAVC S records up to 1080p60 video in 50 Mbps, while wrapping the video in the widely supported .mp4 container for maximum compatible with playback and editing software. There is also an "MP4" mode which uses a much higher compression (3 to 28 Mbps) for extended recording times or smaller files that are more suitable for Web upload
Note: XAVC S recording requires an SDXC (Class 10+) memory card
- SteadyShot Image Stabilization with Active Mode
- With Active Mode, not only does the SteadyShot electronic image stabilization correct for X- and Y-axis shake, it also corrects for pitch and yaw. That is, if the camera angles changes slightly either up or down or side to side
Note: The FOV will be 120-degrees with SteadyShot engaged
- Interval and Burst Photo Modes
- The Interval Mode allows you to create time-lapse video, but capturing JPEG still shots 1, 2, 5, 10, 30, or 60 seconds apart. There is also a high-fps burst mode, that takes photo bursts at 2, 5, or 8 fps
- SPK-AZ Waterproof Housing Included
- The included housing features a depth rating of 16' for shallow underwater use, and will also serve to protect the Action Cam from snow, rain, mud, dust, and more. There is a record start/stop button built into the top of the housing
- GPS Tagging
- You can tag videos and photo with the coordinates of the location they were taken in. This GPS data can then be viewed as an image overlay when playing back on the camera
Note: For full support, this feature requires firmware version 1.01 or later. Please visit the eSupport section of the Sony website for instructions on updating your firmware
- Flexible Mounting Options
- The HDR-AZ1 includes an adhesive mount as well as a 1/4"-20 tripod adapter. In addition, there is a range of accessories for the Sony Action Cam line to cover nearly any scenario. These include helmet mounts, cap clips, handlebar mounts, suction cups, harnesses, and more
|HD Video Codec||MP4: MPEG-4 AVC/H.264|
|Video Mode||MP4 (PS:1920x1080 60p/50p, HQ:1920x1080 30p/25p, STD:1280x720 30p/25p, SSLOW:1280x720 120p/100p, HS120(HS100):1280x720 120p/100p, VGA:640x480 30p/25p); XAVC S (60p:1920x1080 60p/50p, 30p:1920x1080 30p/25p, 24p:1920x1080 24p)|
|Media Storage Type||MP4:Memory Stick Micro™ (Mark 2)/Micro SD/SDHC/SDXC Memory Card(Class 4 or Higher), XAVC S:Micro SDXC Memory Card(Class 10)|
|Image Sensor||1/2.3 type(7.77mm) back-illuminated "Exmor R" CMOS Sensor|
|Image Processor||BIONZ X|
|Audio Format||MP4/MPEG-4 AAC-LC 2ch/XAVC S/LPCM 2ch|
|Maximum Still Image Resolution (Photo Mode)||Approx. 11.9 Megapixels 16:9 (4608x2592)|
|Image Stabilisation||Electronic SteadyShot image stabilization w/ Active mode|
|Dimensions (W x H x D)||Approx. 24.2 x 36.0 x 74.0 mm|
|Mass (main unit only)||Approx. 48g|
|Mass (total)||Approx. 63g (NP-BY1(supplied battery))|
|Accessories||Rechargeable Battery Pack(NP-BY1)(1), micro USB Cable(1), Operating Guide(1), Waterproof Case(SPK-AZ1)(1), Adhesive Mount(1), Tripod Adapter(1), Live View Remote(RM-LVR2V)(1)|
|Water Proof||Yes(In use with Waterproof Case (SPK-AZ1))|
|Shock Proof||Yes(In use with Waterproof Case (SPK-AZ1))|
|Dust Proof||Yes(In use with Waterproof Case (SPK-AZ1))|