In The Box
Sony Front Lens Cap
Sony Rear Lens Cap
This PWP Price only Valid When You-Buy with A5000, A5100 & A6000
Sony's SEL55210 55-210mm f/4.5-6.3 Lens brings the world to owners of NEX cameras in a long telephoto zoom lens. The equivalent of 82-315 mm in full-frame or 35 mm format, this lens has a versatile short-to-long telephoto range. The wide range is great for bringing your subject closer to you, no matter how far away it is. Internal focusing gives you smooth, responsive autofocus, with minimum noise--perfect for capturing video.
With a telephoto lens, image stabilization is very important to prevent camera shake--Optical SteadyShot gives you the ability to capture sharp, crisp images (still or video) even in low light or when zooming into distant subjects. Two ED (Extra-low Dispersion) glass elements help to suppress chromatic aberration color bleeding at all focal lengths, so you have excellent image quality throughout the zoom range. This is a lens that you'll want to keep handy at all times for dramatic long-range images.
- Wide Zoom Range
- The SEL55210 provides a wide focal range of 82 mm to 315 mm (35mm equivalent)--ideal for sports or nature shooting.
- Quiet Internal Focusing
- Internal focusing makes smooth, responsive AF possible with minimum noise. Perfect for video capture.
- Optical SteadyShot Image Stabilization
- Optical SteadyShot image stabilization makes it easier to achieve crisp, stable images and video in low-light or when zooming in on distant subjects.
- ED Glass Elements
- Two ED (Extra-low Dispersion) glass elements help suppress chromatic aberration and color bleeding at all focal lengths providing excellent image quality throughout the zoom range.
Killer Bokeh at 210mm as I said above separating the subject (shovel handle) from the background.
Here’s the same scene from the same exact spot wide open at 55mm so you can see how much the 55-210mm range actually is.
Here’s a few more test shots with 100% crops of a flower on my deck using f/6.3 and f/9 @ 210mm taken in Jpeg mode fine quality max resolution.