In The Box
Nylon Lanyard Cord
GoPro Product Code: BF3BCY (BlufFix3+ 55 with CYD)
SNAKE RIVER PROTOTYPING BlurFix3+ 55 Adapter with CYD Filter for HERO4, Hero3+ Housing
(image shown in use with optional equipment)
- GoPro Hero3+ Housing Filter Adapter
- Pre-Installed Cyan Filter
- Provides Consistent Color Correction
- CYD Designed for 12-60 ft Tropical Water
- Big, Medium, and Small O-Rings Included
- Supports Unsealed Use
- Supports Sealed / Air Filled Use
- Supports Sealed / Liquid Filled Use
The BlurFix3+ 55 Adapter with CYD Filter for Hero3+ Housing from SNAKE RIVER PROTOTYPING features a URPro Dome CY color-correction filter pre-installed on a BlurFix3+ 55 filter adapter, which slips over the GoPro Hero3+ standard underwater housing.
The CY filter provides consistent cyan color correction from edge to edge and is specifically designed for use in tropical blue water between 12 ft and 60 ft deep. (Color is improved at even greater depths depending on water conditions.)
The filter adapter can be used in three configurations with/without included o-rings: unsealed, sealed/air filled, and sealed/liquid filled. (Please see below for descriptions of the three.)
- Unsealed Use
- When used without one of the O-rings, the BlurFix3+ 55 acts as a "wet filter" adapter. Holes at the top and bottom of the filter easily allow the space between the filter and housing to flood. This configuration is commonly used during dives with a color-correction filter. It's also the easiest configuration to use on land when rain, mud, or snow intrusion is not probable.
- Sealed / Air Filled Use
- In environments where rain, mud, or snow may be forced between the filter and camera housing, the space between the housing and filter is best off sealed. And this is easy to do if using the correct size O-ring. Capturing air between the filter and adapter is the simplest approach in most environments.
- Sealed / Liquid Filled Use
- Trapping liquid between the filter and housing makes the adapter impossible to pull off since it is held on by hydraulics -- liquid does not compress under pressure. This configuration is excellent for surfers as water is readily available and fogging is not an issue in a fluid filled space.