In The Box
Samsung USB Cable
Samsung USB Battery Wall Charger
Samsung Hot Shoe Cover
Samsung 1 x ED-BP1900 Rechargeable Battery Pack for NX1 Camera (1860 mAh)
Samsung Software CD-ROM
Samsung Smart Camera NX1 Body Only, 28mp, Selfie Touch LCD 3.0", Wifi/NFC
- 28.2MP BSI APS-C CMOS Sensor
- DRIMe V Image Signal Processor
- 4K Video Recording at 24 fps
- UHD Video Recording at 30 fps
- 3.0" 1036k-Dot Tilt-Touchscreen Monitor
- 2360k-Dot XGA OLED Electronic Viewfinder
- Advanced Hybrid Autofocus System
- 205 Phase-Detection AF Points
- 15 fps Burst with AF
Speed is everything
Samsung’s NX1 camera is ready to capture life as it happens. Thanks to 205 phase-detection points and 209 contrast-detection points, the NX AF System III covers an incredible 90% of the sensor area. This super-wide AF area is superior to those in digital SLRs. With 15 frames-per-second (fps) capture speed, it can track and capture moments that you don’t even see coming. This isn’t for a short burst, either. Up to 70 full resolution JPEG images can be captured at a time, so even the fastest-moving action won’t get away from you.
Ultra high detail
Great photography relies on your ability to capture the little things, like colours and tiny details that you barely noticed. With a 28MP APS-C CMOS Sensor, which is supported by Back Side Illumination (BSI), the NX1 camera delivers rich colours, impressive detail and 14-bit Raw files even in low light. And the extra power of 4K and UHD video recording gives you four times the resolution and four times the detail of Full HD.
Shoot the impossible
You might be into wildlife photography; or maybe exploring in the Arctic is your thing. Whatever it is, there’s no doubt that unbelievable photos often come with a little bit of adventure. For this reason, the NX1 is crafted using premium and robust materials. Its light, super strong magnesium-alloy body is dust and splash resistant, and offers remarkable protection in even the harshest of conditions.
Samsung lenses are great for capturing detail; especially the new Samsung 50-150mm F2.8 S ED OIS Premium S Telephoto Zoom Lens and the 16-50mm F2-2.8 Premium S Zoom lens. Both lenses are perfect companions to the NX1, with a wide aperture throughout the focal range, extra-low dispersion (ED) elements and one Xtreme High Refractive (XHR) element, plus an Optical Image Stabiliser (OIS), it’s a highly capable lens with a fast and quiet autofocusing performance.
A lens for every occasion
Any system camera is only as good as the lenses that support it and the Samsung NX range is one of the most comprehensive available for any compact system camera, with the current line-up totaling 18 optics. With eight zooms, seven prime (single focal length) lenses and three specialist optics to choose from, you’re sure to find one to suit your shooting requirements. Boasting craftsmanship of the highest level, they deliver stunning clarity, beautiful colours, and amazing contrast.
Expect the unexpected
You never know when an amazing opportunity will pop up. Part of being a professional photographer is embracing this randomness and having the right tools - like Samsung’s new vertical grip and GN58 professional flash. These NX1 accessories will have you capturing and sharing whatever life throws at you.
High-speed image processor DRIMe V
Meet the DRIMe V, Samsung’s fastest, most powerful image processor yet. It drives the speed, performance and accuracy you need to shoot breathtaking photos or 4K UHD video under any lighting conditions.
Extremely fast and accurate NX AF System III
Capture signature images with amazing speed and precision. The NX AF System III features a blazingly fast AF of 0.055s , with 205 Phase Detection AF points and 153 cross-type sensor for edge-to-edge focus coverage.
Fast continuous shooting up to 15fps at 28MP
The NX1 pushes the boundaries for continuous shooting, giving you 15 precision continuous shots every second, all at a high resolution of 28MP, and up to 70 of those pictures at one time.
Accurate shots every time
See and compose your shot in an incredibly quick 0.005 seconds with the NX1’s OLED Electronic View Finder. It comes on instantly and gives you a clean and wide view that reproduces the sharpness of optical view finders.
Ultra-high 1/8000s shutter speed
With a powerful shutter capable of shooting at up to 1/8000 sec, the NX1 can freeze and capture some of the fastest moving subjects with exquisite clarity.
Redefine images with 28MP BSI APS-C sensor
The NX1 comes with a highly innovative 28MP sensor that records more details without increasing noise beyond the level of a conventional 20MP sensor. Crop images without worry and print without losing quality.
Shoot with confidence even in low light
Thanks to a truly innovative technology called Adaptive Noise Reduction, the NX1 is capable of producing crystal clear images virtually free of noise, even set at a high ISO of 25600.
Breathtaking 4K UHD video recording
The NX1 records video in true 4K, giving you 4 times the resolution of Full HD. It even supports HEVC (H.265), which captures extreme details while consuming only half the memory space of the conventional H.264 codec.
Highly durable magnesium alloy body
Built to last a lifetime and go anywhere with ease, the NX1 is fully crafted from highly durable magnesium alloy, giving you the firm, rigid structure you would expect from the most premium cameras.
Constructed to be dust and splash resistant
Every passing moment can be photo-worthy, but it’s not always sunny out there. That’s why the NX1 was built with a dust and splash resistant structure. It’s ready to perform even when your surroundings are dusty or wet.
Convenient top-mounted LCD status window
The NX1 comes with a top-mounted LCD status display window that shows all your current camera setting values, putting all your key settings and information precisely where you’d expect them to be on a top-of-the-line camera.
Easy sharing with Wi-Fi and Bluetooth
The NX1 supports the most advanced Wi-Fi standard available for instant transfers of high-resolution photos and videos. Together with Bluetooth and NFC, you get all the fast connectivity you need for easy sharing.
An ergonomic grip for precise control
The NX1 provides the ultimate grip comfort. It has rubber-like skin, with a grip that anchors the NX1 perfectly to your hand, allowing you to focus purely on your photography.
Convenient and versatile AF features
The NX1 has a variety of AF features, including one that’s great for stills with moving subjects and one that’s perfect for movies. Active AF can detect when your subject starts moving and will automatically switch to a continuous mode, while Movie AF uses quick phase autofocus to give you faster focus and reduce wobbling.
Perfectly timed shots every time
Sometimes it’s hard to get the timing of your shots right. Samsung Auto Shot helps with a highly advanced predictive algorithm that tracks subject movement, automatically triggering the shutter at the right time. There is even a baseball mode, so can finally get that shot of your favorite batter hitting the ball out of the park.
SPECIFICATIONSee More Specs
The native 4K Samsung NX1 Mirrorless Digital Camera features a 28.2MP BSI APS-C CMOS sensor that not only produces high-resolution images, but also 4K video at 24 fps, UHD at 30 fps, and full 1080p HD video at up to 60 fps. High Efficiency Video Coding (H.265) is applied so that even 4K and UHD video files remain easy to edit and share. A sharp, 3.0" HD 1036k-dot touchscreen monitor and 205 phase-detection AF points benefit both cinematographers and still photographers, and for instances where it is preferable to use the camera's viewfinder instead, a sharp, 2360k-dot XGA OLED electronic viewfinder is also built-in.
Built for fast shooting conditions, the NX1 provides a 15 fps burst with autofocus plus a 1/8000th second maximum shutter speed. For use in low-light, the ISO range can be expanded from 100 to 51,200. A full complement of shooting modes are available, including Aperture Priority, Auto, Manual, Program, and Shutter Priority, plus "smart" modes such as Action Freeze, Beauty Face, Fireworks, Landscape, Multi-Exposure, Night, Panorama, Rich Tone (HDR), Sunset, and Waterfall. Images can be saved as RAW files or JPEGs of various file sizes that correspond to user-selectable image ratios of 3:2, 16:9, or 1:1 and according to the user's desired color editing space of Adobe RGB or sRGB.
Saving and outputting large video and image files are accommodated by the camera's ability to utilize UHS-I or UHS-II SD-type memory cards, and a USB 3.0 port. Additionally, a micro HDMI connector allows video to be recoded directly to an external recording device with a 4:2:2 (8-bit) output signal. The NX1 also takes advantage of wireless technology as well. Built-in Near Field Communication (NFC) capability allows individual images to be wirelessly transferred from the camera to a smartphone or tablet. Additionally, 802.11b/g/n/ac Wi-Fi capability coupled with Bluetooth 3.0 technology allows for fast and cordless transfer of files while providing constant and accurate GPS data when the NX1 is paired with smartphone.
Designed to fit securely in hand, the NX1 is also water and dust resistant with a magnesium-alloy internal frame for added durability.
- 28.2MP BSI APS-C CMOS Sensor
- A large 28.2MP BSI APS-C CMOS Sensor works to produce high-resolution digital imagery while maintaining good shadow details and enhancing low-light performance throughout the camera's 100 to 51,200 ISO range.
- 4K Recording at 24 fps, UHD Recording at 30 fps and 1080p Full HD Recording at up to 60 fps.
- As a 4K-capable camera, the NX1 is among the most compact cameras in its class. Aside from 4K, video may be recorded in Ultra-HD as well as in full HD. To help ensure that even the highest resolution video files are easy work with, the NX1 accommodates UHS-I or UHS-II memory cards and employs HEVC (H.265) compression. Additionally, video may be recorded directly to an external device with a 4:2:2 (8-bit) output signal.
- Hybrid Autofocus System
- The Advanced Hybrid Autofocus system utilizes 205 phase and 209 contrast-detection autofocus points to acquire focus quickly and precisely. The phase-detection method is ideal for gaining focus in an expedited manner while contrast-detection is employed to fine-tune the focus for critical applications. When combined, focusing is sharp and leads to making photos in a natural and intuitive manner.
- High-Speed Performance
- A 15 fps burst rate with continuous autofocus and a 1/8000 sec top shutter speed keeps even the fastest action sharp. If needed, high shutter speeds are also possible in low light with an ISO range of 100 to 51,200.
- Smart Shooting Modes
- A full menu of "smart" modes is available to accommodate most imaging scenarios. They include: Action Freeze, Beauty Face, Fireworks, Landscape, Light Trace, Multi-Exposure, Night, Panorama (Live), Rich Tone (HDR), Samsung Auto Shutter, Silhouette, Sunset, and Waterfall. For more direct control over the output, Aperture Priority, Auto, Manual, Program, and Shutter Priority modes can also be selected.
- Clear Viewing Options
- Whether filming video or taking still photos, a tiltable 3.0" HD 1036k-dot touchscreen monitor is provided for subject framing, menu selection, and image review. When use of a viewfinder is preferred, a 2360k-dot XGA OLED electronic viewfinder is available that turns on when brought up to one's eye.
- Easy Connectivity
- Files saved on a memory card within the NX1 can be downloaded off the camera via its speedy USB 3.0 connection. When wirelessly accessing images stored to the camera is preferred, NFC capability allows individual files to be transferred to a smartphone or tablet with one tap. Large groups of images may be transferred using 802.11b/g/n/ac Wi-Fi, and Bluetooth 3.0 technology can be used to easily activate the Wi-Fi while allowing a connected phone to constantly feed accurate GPS data to the camera for tagging to photos and videos in real-time.
- Samsung NX Lens Mount
- A broad array NX-mount of lenses is available for use, ranging from wide-angle primes to long-reaching zooms. The ability to change and utilize different lenses depending on the situation at hand aids in producing captivating and more dynamic imagery. Additionally, the NX1 is compatible with the unique 45mm f/1.8 2D/3D lens that enables one-lens creation of true 3D photos and movies.
- Supported Languages
- Korean, English, Danish, German, Dutch, Swedish, Spanish, Italian, Czech, French, Portuguese (Portugal), Portuguese (Brazil), Polish, Finnish, Russian, Norsk, Simplified/Traditional Chinese, Arabic, Persian, Turkish, Hebrew, Thai, Greek, Hungarian, Estonian, Lithuanian, Latvian, Serbian, Croatian, Vietnamese, Romanian, Japanese
Samsung Smart Camera NX1 Body Only, 28mp, Selfie Touch LCD 3.0", Wifi/NFC
|Focus Type||Auto & Manual|
|Focus Mode||Automatic (A), Continuous-servo AF (C), Manual Focus (M), Single-servo AF (S)|
|Autofocus Points||Phase Detection: 205
Contrast Detection: 209
|Battery||1x BP1900 Rechargeable Lithium-Ion Battery Pack1860 mAh|
32 to 104°F (0 to 40°C)
Humidity: 5 - 85%
|Dimensions (WxHxD)||5.5 x 4.0 x 2.6" / 14.0 x 10.2 x 6.6 cm|
|Weight||19.4 oz / 550 g|