In The Box
1 x Camera
1 x Manual
1 x Rechargeable Battery
1 x Battery Charger
The Lumix DMC-FT5 Digital Camera from Panasonic is a Wi-Fi enable "tough" compact camera that can shoot both photos and Full HD video on land and underwater. A 16.1MP High Sensitivity MOS sensor provides high quality imaging and fast autofocus. A Leica DC Vario-Elmar lens offers focal lengths from wide-angle to telephoto at 28-128mm in 35mm format. Full HD 1080p is available at 60 or 30 frames per second with a dedicated one-touch button and built-in stereo microphone. Power O.I.S. (Optical Image Stabilization) compensates for camera shake and offers clear images in low light or when shooting telephoto. Intelligent Auto (iA) Mode is available for simple point and shoot capability and Scene Mode provides predefined adjustments to shoot certain types of scenes (Sunset, Panorama, Night Scenery, etc.) with the ideal camera settings. The camera also features manual exposure control, time-lapse shooting and continuous burst shooting up to 10 frames per second at full resolution.
A 3.0" TFT LCD screen with 460k-dot resolution and anti-reflective coating provides composition and playback viewing. The TS5's compact and "grippable" design with raised buttons makes one hand shooting and adjustments easy. One touch video, Wi-Fi and playback buttons are ideal for the type of activity this camera is meant to document.
Built-in Wi-Fi enables you to send images to your smart phone or tablet with one touch. The TS5 also offers Near Field Communication (NFC) to connect with a compatible Wi-Fi device by simply tapping the two together. The Lumix Remote app must be downloaded to your smart phone or tablet to wirelessly connect with the TS5, but the app also allows your phone to be used as a remote control for your camera and offers cloud storage for your images, which can be important when shooting in locations where getting to your computer may be difficult. Built-in GPS functionality allows for geo-tagging of your images.
The tough features of the TS5 allow it to go pretty much anywhere your adventures take you. It is waterproof to a depth of 39' (12 m), shockproof from a drop height of 6.5' (2 m), freeze proof to a temperature of 14ﾺF (-10ﾺC) and pressure resistant to 220 lbs. It also offers anti-fog protection for its lens.
- 16.1MP Sensor and Venus Engine Image Processor
- A new 16.1MP high sensitivity MOS Sensor offers high quality imaging even in low light conditions and the Venus Engine Image Processor provides fast performance in extreme conditions.
- Leica DC Vario-Elmar Lens
- A 4.6x optical zoom lens provides 35mm focal length equivalents of 28-128mm which ranges from wide-angle to telephoto. This incorporates most shooting situations and a 9.3x Intelligent Zoom will reach even further if needed. The maximum aperture at the wide-angle end is f/3.3. The lens is designed from 10 elements in 8 groups and includes 5 aspherical lenses and 1 extra-low dispersion lens for sharp images and reduced aberrations.
- Waterproof and Tough Features
- The TS5 is waterproof to a depth of 39' (12 m), shockproof from a drop height of 6.5' (2 m), freeze proof to a temperature of 14ﾺF (-10ﾺC) and pressure resistant to 220 lbs. It is also dustproof/sand proof and features anti-fog glass in its lens.
- Full HD 1080 Video with Dedicated Button
- Full HD 1080 video recording at 60 or 30 frames per second in the AVCHD format and a stereo microphone allow you to shoot high quality movies on land or underwater. A dedicated button switches you immediately into video mode and both Intelligent Auto (iA) and POWER Optical Image Stabilization (O.I.S) is available for video.
- Wi-Fi Connectivity
- With the Lumix Remote app installed on your smart phone or device, the TS5provides one-touch connection to Wi-Fi with Near Field Communication (NFC)> This allows for remote picture capture, quick upload, cloud storage and easy sharing.
- 3.0" LCD Display
- Composition and playback are viewed with a 3.0" TFT Screen LCD display with 460,000 pixel resolution. It provides 100% field of view and offers Power Monitor Mode and AUTO Power Monitor Mode. An anti-reflective coating is applied to the screen for easier viewing in direct sunlight, this is particularly useful when using the camera while skiing or at the beach.
- Optical Image Stabilization
- POWER O.I.S, in both photo and video modes, compensates the effects of handshake even when using the high powered zoom. This will provide you with clearer images in low light and when shooting at telephoto lengths.
- Aspect Ratios
- The TS5 can shoot in four distinct aspect ratios, each with various resolution levels. Its native ratio is 4:3, but it also shoots in 3:2, 16:9 and 1:1.
- Underwater Mode
- The new underwater red color reproduction feature allows you to capture the colors of the underwater world, as it is seen, eliminating dull, grey colors often associated with underwater pictures.
- Built-in GPS
- The enhanced GPS functionality allows you to automatically record your location and view the map and associated photos directly on your camera.
- Time Lapse and Burst Shooting
- Time lapse shooting is possible as is full resolution continuous shooting of up to 10 frames per second. At lower resolutions you can burst shoot up to 60 frames per second. AF tracking burst at 5fps and burst shooting with flash is also supported.
- Creative Control and Scene Modes
- The Creative Control/Retouch feature includes modes such as soft focus, toy effect and retro photo. The scene shooting modes provide offer predefined settings to make shooting certain types of scenes easier. Scene modes are: Portrait, Soft Skin, Scenery, Panorama Shot, Night Portrait, Night Scenery, Hand Held Night Shot, Food, Baby1, Baby2, Pet, Sunset, High Sensitivity, Glass Through, Underwater.
|Metrics||Dimensions (W x H x D)||109.2 x 67.4 x 28.9 mm|
|Dimensions (W x H x D)||(4.30 x 2.65 x 1.14 inch)|
|Weight||Approx. 188g without Battery and SD Memory Card (0.41 lb)|
|Weight||Approx. 214g with Battery and SD Memory Card (0.47 lb)|
|Optics||Pixels||Camera Effective Pixels||16.1 Megapixels|
|Sensor||Sensor Size / Total Pixels / Filter||1/2.33-inch High Sensitivity MOS Sensor / 17.5 Total Megapixels / Primary Color Filter|
|Lens||Aperture||F3.3 - 5.9 / 2-step (F3.3 / 10(W), F5.9 / 18(T))|
|Focal Length||f=4.9 - 22.8mm (28 - 128mm in 35mm equiv.)|
|Focal Length||(33-140mm in 35mm equiv. in video recording)|
|Extra Optical Zoom (EZ)||5.9x (4:3 / 10M), 8.4x (4:3 / 5M), 10.5x (under 3M)|
|Lens||LEICA DC VARIO-ELMAR|
|Lens||10 elements in 8 groups|
|Lens||(5 Aspherical Lenses / 6 Aspherical surfaces / 1 ED Lens)|
|2- Speed Zoom||-|
|Optical Image Stabilizer/Five Axis Correction||Power O.I.S. (On / Off) / No|
|Digital Zoom||Max. 4x|
|Focus||Focusing Area||Normal: Wide 30 cm - infinity / Tele 30 cm - infinity|
|Focusing Area||Macro / Intelligent AUTO/ motion picture: Wide 5 cm - infinity / Tele 30cm - infinity|
|AF Assist Lamp||Yes (On/Off), LED light in motion picture|
|Focus||Normal, AF Macro, Macro Zoom|
|Focus||Quick AF (On/Off, On in Intelligent Auto), Continuous AF(only for motion picture)|
|AF Metering||Face / AF Tracking / 23-Area / 1-Area / Spot|
|Shutter||Shutter Speed||approx. 4 - 1/1300 sec|
|Shutter Speed||15sec / 30sec in Sarry Sky mode|
|Recording||File||File Format||Still Image: JPEG(DCF/Exif2.3), DPOF|
|File Format||3D Image: MPO|
|File Format||Motion picture: AVCHD, MP4|
|Recording Modes||Mode Dial / Mode Button||Intelligent Auto, P, M, Creative Control, Sports, Snow, Beach&Snorkeling, Advanced Underwater, Panorama Shot, SCN|
|Creative Control mode||Expressive, Retro, High Key, Low Key, Sepia, Dynamic Monochrome, Impressive Art, High Dynamic, Cross Process, Toy Effect, Miniature Effect, Soft Focus, Star Filter, One Point Color|
|Still Image Scene Mode||Portrait, Soft Skin, Scenery, Night Portrait, Night Scenery, Hand Held Night Shot, HDR, Food, Baby1, Baby2, Pet, Sunset, High Sensitivity, Starry Sky, Glass Through, 3D Photo|
|Continuous Shooting Mode||Full- Resolution Image: 10 frames/sec Max. 7 images with AF Tracking: 5 frames/sec, 2 frames/sec Max.100 images Intelligent Burst Shooting|
|Continuous Shooting Mode||High- speed Burst: approx. 40 frames/sec (recorded in 5M/3M/0.3M for 4:3, 4.5M/2.5M/0.3M for 3:2, 3.5M/2M/0.2M for 16:9, 3.5M/2.5M/0.2M for 1:1)|
|Continuous Shooting Mode||approx. 60 frames/sec (recorded in 2.5M/0.3M for 4:3, 3M/0.3M for 3:2, 3.5M/0.2M for 16:9, 2M/0.2M for 1:1)|
|Continuous Shooting Mode||Flash burst shooting|
|Motion Picture Recording (*2)||HD Video||1920 x 1080 pixels, 50p (FHD: 28Mbps / AVCHD) (Sensor Output is 50fps)|
|HD Video||1920 x 1080 pixels, 50i (FHD: 17Mbps / AVCHD) (Sensor Output is 50fps)|
|HD Video||1280 x 720 pixels, 50p (HD: 17Mbps / AVCHD) (Sensor Output is 50fps)|
|HD Video||1920 x 1080 pixels, 25fps (FHD: 20Mbps / MP4)|
|HD Video||1280 x 720 pixels, 25fps (HD: 10Mbps / MP4)|
|STD Video||640 x 480 pixels, 25fps (VGA: 4Mbps / MP4)|
|Continuous recordable time (motion pictures)||AVCHD||approx. 80 min (FHD / 50p), 85min (FHD / 50i)|
|MP4||approx. 95 min (FHD)|
|Actual recordable time (motion pictures)||AVCHD||approx. 35 min (FHD / 50p), 40min (FHD / 50i)|
|MP4||approx. 45 min (FHD)|
|Exposure Parameters||Exposure||Program AE, Manual|
|Exposure Compensation||1/3 EV step, +/-2 EV|
|Auto (AE) Bracketing||1/3 -1EV step, Max +/-1EV, 3 frames|
|Light Metering||Intelligent Multiple|
|ISO Sensitivity||Auto / i.ISO / 100 / 200 / 400 / 800 / 1600 / 3200|
|ISO Sensitivity||High Sensitivity mode (ISO 1600-6400)|
|Picture Quality||Still Picture Recording||[1:1] 3456x3456 (12M) / 2736x2736 (7.5M EZ) / 1920x1920 (3.5M EZ) / 1536x1536 (2.5M EZ) / 480x480 (0.2M EZ)|
|Still Picture Recording||[4:3] 4608x3456 (16M) / 3648x2736 (10M EZ) / 2560x1920 (5M EZ) / 2048X1536 (3M EZ) / 1280x960 (1M EZ) / 640x480 (0.3M EZ)|
|Still Picture Recording||[3:2] 4608x3072 (14M) / 3648x2432 (9M EZ) / 2560x1712 (4.5M EZ) / 2048x1360 (2.5M EZ) / 640x424 (0.3M EZ)|
|Still Picture Recording||[16:9] 4608x2592 (12M) / 3648x2056 (7.5M EZ) / 2560x1440 (3.5M EZ) / 1920x1080 (2M EZ) / 640x360 (0.2M EZ)|
|Image Quality||Fine / Standard (3D mode: MPO Fine / MPO Standard )|
|White Balance||Auto / Daylight / Cloudy / Shade / Incandescent / White Set|
|White Balance||White Balance Adjustment (Except Auto)|
|Photo Style / Film Mode||-|
|Color Mode / Color Effect / My color||Color Mode : Standard, Black&White, Sepia, Vivid (in P, M), Happy (only in iA mode)|
|Other||Digital Red Eye Correction (Red-Eye Removal)||Yes|
|GPS||Yes(GPS / GLONASS) / GPS LOG|
|Wi-FI||2412MHz - 2462MHz (1-11ch)|
|Wi-FI||WPA / WPA2|
|Wi-FI||Infurastracture mode / WPS / Wi-Fi Direct|
|Zoom in Motion Picture||Yes|
|Self Timer||2sec / 10sec|
|Playback||Display||Playback Mode||All, Slideshow, Filtering Play（Picture Only, Video Only, 3D Play, GPS Area Play, Altimeter Log, Travel, Category Selection, Select Date, Favorites), Calendar|
|Thumbnails / Zoomed Playback||12,30-thumbnails / Yes|
|Calendar Display / Dual- Image Playback||Yes / No|
|Set Favorites / Rotate Image||Yes / No|
|DPOF Print Setting / Set Protection||Yes / Yes|
|Edit||Retouch||Creative Retouch / Auto Retouch / Color Reproduction|
|Resize / Cropping / Aspect Conv. / Leveling||Yes / Yes / No / No|
|Copy / Title Edit / Text Stamp||Yes / Yes / Yes|
|PictBridge Support||Single / Multi / All / Favorites / DPOF|
|Setup||OSD language||English, Traditional Chinese, Vietnamese|
|Others||Monitor||LCD Monitor||3.0"(7.5cm) TFT Screen LCD Display (460K dots), AR Coating|
|LCD Monitor||Field of View : approx. 100%|
|LCD Monitor||AUTO Power Monitor mode, Power Monitor mode|
|Flash||Built- in- Flash||Auto, Auto/Red-eye Reduction, Forced On, Slow Sync./Red-eye Reduction, Forced Off, 0.3 - 5.6m (Wide/ISO Auto), 0.3 - 3.1m (Tele/ISO Auto)|
|Media||Recording Media||Built-in Memory, SD Memory Card, SDHC Memory Card, SDXC Memory Card|
|Built- in- Memory||Approx. 10MB|
|Audio||Microphone / Speaker||Stereo / Mono|
|Interface||Interface||microHDMI, AV Output (PAL/NTSC), USB(AV/USB Multi)|
|Power||Power||Li-ion Battery Pack (3.6V / 1250mAh / 4.5Wh)|
|Power||AC Adaptor (Input: 110-240V AC)(Optional)|
|Battery life (approx.)||370 pictures (CIPA Standard)*1|
|Standard Package||Included Software||PHOTOfunSTUDIO 9.1 PE|
|Included Software||Adobe Reader|
|Standard Accessories||Battery Pack, Battery Charger, AC Cable, USB Cable, Hand Strap, CD-ROM|