In The Box
1 x Camera
1 x Manual
1 x Rechargeable Battery
1 x Battery Charger
The black Fujifilm X30 Digital Camera is an update to the X20, adding a high-resolution electronic viewfinder, a larger 3" 920k-dot tilting rear LCD screen, a second control ring to adjust aperture and shutter speed settings, and a Classic Chrome film simulation mode. It features a 12 megapixel 2/3" X-Trans CMOS II sensor and an EXR Processor II to provide high quality imagery at up to 12 fps, and a sensitivity range to ISO 12800. This sensor uses a randomized pixel array, removing the need for an optical low-pass filter, thereby allowing the camera to produce sharp and clear imagery.
The main improvement in this camera over the X20 is the a 0.65x-magnification 2.36m-dot OLED Real Time EVF, with adaptive brightness and orientation settings, and only a 0.005 second lag time. For menu navigation and image review, a 3" 920k-dot LCD screen is located on the rear of the camera. The screen tilts to aid in low-angle shooting.
The Intelligent Hybrid AF system uses both contrast- and phase-detection methods to acquire focus as fast as 0.06 sec. The built-in lens is a 28-112mm (35mm equivalent) f/2.0-2.8 lens that integrates three aspheric and two extra-low dispersion glass elements to help reduce aberrations and improve image sharpness and quality.
Full HD movie recording is supported up to 1920 x 1080p at 60fps with a 36Mbps bit-rate for clear, fluid-looking videos. Zoom and exposure can be manually controlled during recording, and stereo audio can be recorded using an optional external microphone.
The X30's film simulation takes advantage of Fuji's long history of film production, allowing you to choose between eleven different Fuji films, as well as the Classic Chrome simulation that provides muted tones and deep color reproduction.
- Real-Time Electronic Viewfinder
- With a large magnification of 0.65x and a display lag time of just 0.005, the X30's EVF offers a clear, high-definition Live View with a new 2.36M-dot organic EL viewfinder and dedicated lens that improves visibility by automatically controlling the viewfinder's brightness according to the ambient light levels. The Live View display can also be set to reflect shooting conditions, or offer a natural view close to what is seen with the naked eye, while the viewfinder's eye sensor automatically switches the visible information when the camera is positioned vertically or horizontally.
- 12MP 2/3" X-Trans CMOS II Sensor
- A large 2/3" CMOS image sensor is integrated into the X30 to provide high image quality and detail. Using Fujifilm's unique X-Trans bespoke pixel array, the sensor is designed with a randomized pixel pattern to eliminate the need of an optical low-pass filter for reducing moir� and aliasing. By removing this filter from the design, higher image sharpness is possible. This image sensor also utilizes backside illumination technology to help with the integration of phase-detection pixels into the sensor for improved autofocus performance without affecting image quality. The X-Trans sensor also pairs well with the EXR Processor II to provide highly effective noise reduction and a clean signal-to-noise ratio. This enables smoother-looking imagery that becomes especially apparent when photographing in low-light situations.
- EXR Processor II
- Aside from benefitting low-light performance, the EXR Processor II also provides quick performance throughout the entire camera system. The camera start-up time is about 0.5 second, shutter lag is about 0.01 second, and the shooting interval time is about 0.5 second. Additionally, this processing power provides enough speed to capture up to 12fps for 11 consecutive frames.
- Fujinon 28-112mm f/2.0-2.8 Lens
- The built-in 4x optical zoom lens provides a 35mm-equivalent focal length range of 28-112mm with a fast maximum aperture of f/2.0-2.8. The inclusion of aspheric and extra-low dispersion elements helps to reduce the appearance of aberrations throughout the zoom range while also significantly contributing to overall image sharpness. Lens elements are treated with a multi-layer HT-EBC (High Transmittance Electron Beam Coating) to minimize lens flare and ghosting while shooting for greater light transmittance and contrast within imagery. The metal lens barrel is used to manually control your zoom magnification as well as control the on/off power setting to the camera. This intuitive control method gives you the ability to quickly turn on your camera to record imagery while holding the camera at an eye-level position. Benefitting the lens and especially low-light shooting, a lens-shift type optical image stabilization (OIS) system is integrated into the design to counter the effects of camera shake up to four stops. This OIS system also enhances image sharpness when working as closely as 0.4" / 1cm in Super Macro mode.
- Intelligent Hybrid AF
- Intelligent Hybrid AF is a quick, responsive autofocus system that employs both contrast- and phase-detection methods to acquire focus quickly in a wide variety of shooting situations. Clear focus can be attained in as little as 0.06 second to aid in catching fast-paced movement more easily.
- An efficient graphical user interface promotes greater intuitiveness for menu navigation and monitoring. The Q Button gives a one-touch solution to modifying commonly used camera settings quickly and easily. Menu and setting navigation is done on the rear 3" 920k-dot LCD that also provides high definition playback of still images and video.
- Full HD Movie Capabilities
- Full HD movie recording is possible with multiple frame rates and formats up to 1920 x 1080p at 60fps to produce smoothly-depicted movement. A high bit-rate of 36Mbps enables greater clarity when shooting video.
- Wi-Fi and NFC Capabilities
- For easy wireless transfer of photos to your smartphone or tablet, the dedicated Camera Remote application downloads to your device. There's no need to enter an ID, password or to change other troublesome settings; with just a touch of a button, you can transfer your images to your phone or tablet ready to upload to your blog or social networking site. Using your smartphone or smart tablet, you can view the images stored in your camera, and then select and transfer the ones you want. You can select and transfer up to 30 images at a time to your smartphone. To make them even easier to send and use on your device, you can copy them in their existing photo size or choose the "3M compressed image option".
- Camera Remote App
- The Camera Remote application lets you focus and trigger the camera release from your smartphone or tablet. The app lets you adjust focus and control settings like shutter speed, aperture, exposure compensation and ISO sensitivity. You can even apply other settings including Film Simulation, self-timer and flash, while "Touch AF" lets you focus from your phone or tablet.
- SP-1 instax SHARE Printing
- Send photos wirelessly to the SP-1 instax SHARE Printer.
- PC Autosave
- PC Autosave is an image back-up that saves your images to your Wi-Fi enabled PC.
- The Camera Remote application enables your camera to acquire location data from your smartphone to geotag your images.
- Film Simulation Mode
- Pulling from Fujifilm's line of transparency films, the X30 provides a wide selection of effects with the Film Simulation Mode. PROVIA offers natural-looking tones for everyday shooting, VELVIA produces a more dramatic and rich tonality with deeper color saturation, and ASTIA gives less contrast for a softer depiction of skin tones. Classic Chrome delivers muted tones and deep color reproduction. Mimicking their negative films, PRO Neg. Std. gives smooth image tones that are suitable for accurate color renditions, while PRO Neg. Hi produces a more dramatic feel with the ability to draw color out of a variety of lighting conditions. In addition to the colorful benefits of these Film Simulation modes, there are also monochrome modes that simulate the look of traditional yellow, green, and red black and white contrast filters. A sepia mode is also available for producing a nostalgic look.
- RAW Shooting
- An in-camera RAW converter lets you record your images in RAW and process them prior to computer-based editing procedures. This process enables you to modify the exposure, white balance, and other controls directly through the menu interface. Additionally, for more thorough processing of files, SILKYPIX software is included for RAW conversion and processing on your computer.
- Additional Camera Features
- Motion Panorama 360 mode allows you to record expansive views up to 360ﾰ wide in a seamless, sweeping manner.
- Focus peaking can be employed when manually focusing to highlight areas of contrast to allow more precise fine-tuning of sharpness.
- A built-in flash provides additional illumination to imagery for photographing in dark conditions.
- Multiple exposure mode gives you the ability to overlay imagery in-camera. When working in this mode, subsequent exposures can be paired and the final appearance can be previewed before making the final exposure.
- Long-lasting battery provides up to 470 images per charge.
- Advanced Filters are built-in to the camera to enhance the aesthetic quality of images.
- Camera Remote application and Wireless Communication function allows users to remotely shoot images from smartphones and tablets.
- Electronic level
- Live histogram
- Interval timer shooting at 1 second to 24 hours up to 999 frames.
- Five different auto bracketing functions (AE, ISO Sensitivity, Dynamic Range Film Simulation and White Balance)
- Motion Panorama 360 mode allows you to record expansive views up to 360ﾰ wide in a seamless, sweeping manner.
|Resolution||12.0 million pixels|
|Sensor type||2/3-inch X-Trans CMOS II with primary colour filter|
|Number of recorded pixels||L : (4:3) 4000 x 3000 / (3:2) 4000 x 2664 / (16:9) 4000 x 2248 / (1:1) 2992 x 2992
M : (4:3) 2816 x 2112 / (3:2) 2816 x 1864 / (16:9) 2816 x 1584 / (1:1) 2112 x 2112
S : (4:3) 2048 x 1536 / (3:2) 2048 x 1360 / (16:9) 1920 x 1080 / (1:1) 1536 x 1536
360ﾰ Vertical : 11520 x 1624 Horizontal : 11520 x 1080
180ﾰ Vertical : 5760 x 1624 Horizontal : 5760 x 1080
120ﾰ Vertical : 3840 x 1624 Horizontal : 3840 x 1080
|Digital zoom||Intelligent digital zoom approx. 2x (up to 8x when combined with optical zoom)|
|Aperture||F2.0 - F11 (Wide)
F2.8 - F11 (Telephoto) 1/3EV step (controlled 7-blade aperture diaphragm)
|Focus distance (from lens surface)||
|Sensitivity||AUTO1 / AUTO2 / AUTO3 (Control available up to ISO3200), Equivalent to ISO 100 / 200 / 250 / 320 / 400 / 500 / 640 / 800 / 1000 / 1250 / 1600 / 2000 / 2500 / 3200 / 4000 / 5000 / 6400 / 12800 (Standard Output Sensitivity)|
|Exposure control||TTL 256-zone metering, Multi / Spot / Average|
|Exposure mode||Programmed AE, Aperture Priority AE, Shutter Priority AE, Manual exposure|
|Image stabilisation||Lens shift type|
|Exposure compensation||-3.0EV - +3.0EV 1/3EV step (movie recording : -2.0EV - +2.0EV)|
|Shutter speed||(Auto mode) 1/4 sec. to 1/4000* sec. , (All other modes) 30 sec. to 1/4000* sec.
|Auto bracketing||AE Bracketing : ﾱ1/3EV, ﾱ2/3EV, ﾱ1EV
Film Simulation Bracketing : Any 3 type of Film Simulation selectable
Dynamic Range Bracketing : 100% / 200% / 400%
ISO sensitivity Bracketing : ﾱ1/3EV, ﾱ2/3EV, ﾱ1EV
White Balance Bracketing (ﾱ1, ﾱ2, ﾱ3)
|White balance||Automatic scene recognition
|Self timer||10 sec. / 2 sec. delay|
|Interval timer shooting||Yes (Setting : Interval, Number of shots, Starting time)|
|Flash||Manual pop-up flash (Super intelligent Flash)
Effective range (ISO AUTO):
|Hot shoe||Yes (Dedicated TTL Flash compatible)|
|Viewfinder||0.39-in., approx. 2.360K-dot OLED colour viewfinder
Coverage of viewing area vs. capturing area : approx. 100%
Eye point : approx. 17.5mm (from the rear end of the camera's eyepiece)
Diopter adjustment : -4m-1 to +2m-1
Magnification : 0.65x with 50mm lens (35mm format equivalent) at infinity and diopter set to - 1.0m-1
Diagonal angle of view : approx. 31ﾰ (Horizontal angle of view : approx. 25ﾰ)
Built-in eye sensor
|LCD monitor||3.0-inch, aspect ratio 3:2, approx. 920K-dot, Tilt type colour LCD monitor (approx. 100% coverage)|
|Movie recording||1920 x 1080 pixels / 1280 x 720 pixels (60 fps, 50 fps, 30 fps, 25 fps, 24 fps) / 640 x 480 pixels (30 fps, 25 fps) with stereo sound
Optical zoom (manual) can be used.
|Photography functions||ADVANCED SR AUTO, High Speed Movie (80/150/250 fps.), Face Detection, Auto Red-eye Removal, Colour, Sharpness, Highlight Tone, Shadow Tone, Noise Reduction, Dynamic Range, Adv. mode (Pro focus, Pro low light, Multiple Exposure), Motion panorama360, Electronic level, Histogram display, Framing guideline, Frame No. memory, Advanced Anti Blur, Pre-AF, Focus check, Focus Peak Highlight, Rlease/Focus Priority, Instant AF setting(AF-S/AF-C), Interlock spot AE & Focus area, Control Ring setting, Edit/Save Quick Menu, Function (Fn) setting|
|Playback functions||Face Detection, Auto Red-eye Removal, Multi-frame playback (with micro thumbnail), Protect, Crop, Resize, Slide show, Image rotate, Histogram display, Exposure warning, Photobook assist, Image search, Favorites, Mark for upload, Panorama, Erase Selected Frames, RAW Conversion|
|Other functions||PictBridge, Exif Print, 35 Languages, Time difference, Shutter sound, Silent mode, Quick start Mode, Power management, Preview exp. in manual mode, Monitor sunlight mode, EVF brightness, EVF colour, LCD brightness, LCD colour, Preview pic. effect, DISP. custom setting|
|Wireless functions||Geotagging, Wireless communication (Image transfer), View & Obtain Images, Remote camera shooting, instax printer print, PC Autosave|
|Power supply||NP-95 Li-ion battery (included)|
|Dimensions||118.7mm (W) x 71.6mm (H) x 60.3mm (D) / 4.7in. (W) x 2.8in. (H) x 2.4in. (D)|
|Weight||Approx. 423g / 14.9 oz. (including battery and memory card)
Approx. 383g / 13.5 oz. (excluding battery and memory card)
|Operating temperature||0 - 40ﾰC (+32ﾰF - +104ﾰF)|
|Operating humidity||10 - 80% (no condensation)|
|Battery life||Approx. 470 frames (LCD : ON, AUTO mode)|
|Accessories included||Li-ion battery NP-95
AC power adapter AC-5VT
Metal strap clip
Clip attaching tool
Owner's Manual(Basic Operations)*4
|Optional accessories||Li-ion battery NP-95
Battery charger BC-65N
Lens hood LH-X10
Lens Hood and Protector Filter LHF-X20
Protector filter PRF-52*5
Leather case LC-X30
Shoe Mount Flash EF-42 / EF-20 / EF-X20
Stereo microphone MIC-ST1
Remote Release RR-90