In The Box
Nikon Dedicated Slip-On Front Lens Cap
Nikon LF-1 Rear Lens Cap for F Mount Lenses
Nikon HK-31 Lens Hood
Nikon Dedicated Slip-In Filter Holder
Nikon 52mm Screw-In NC Filter
Nikon Semi-Soft Case (CL-L1)
Nikon LN-1 Lens Strap
Nikon AF-S NIKKOR 200mm f/2G ED VR II Telephoto Lens
An update to a legend. Ultra-fast telephoto prime lens with VR II.
Trusted by countless professionals, the ultra-fast AF-S NIKKOR 200mm f/2G ED VR II prime lens has captured exceptional moments in sports, music, theater and studio portraiture. Incorporating the superior optical design and features of its predecessor plus Nikon’s second generation Vibration Reduction (VR II) image stablization system with tripod detection mode, Nano Crystal Coat (N) for minimal ghosting and lens flare and much more, the AF-S NIKKOR 200mm f/2G ED VR II is the lens of choice for serious photographers who want to produce razor-sharp images under the most demanding conditions.
Stunning moments await
Ultra-fast f/2 telephoto prime lens
The upgraded AF-S NIKKOR 200mm f/2G ED VR II produces razor-sharp images under the most demanding conditions including indoor sports, concerts, theater, wildlife, portraiture and more. Its ultra-fast f/2 maximum aperture renders shallow depth-of-field with beautiful background blur (bokeh) and is ideal for photographers seeking to freeze movement with fast shutter speeds in low lighting conditions.
Performance in any condition
Built for endurance and high performance
The AF-S NIKKOR 200mm f/2G ED VR II produces action-freezing, razor-sharp images, even in the most demanding conditions. Nikon VR (Vibration Reduction) image stabilization provides 3.0 stops* of blur free handheld shooting, assuring dramatically sharper still images and HD video capture. Nano Crystal Coat (N) reduces ghosting and internal lens flare across a wide range of wavelengths for greater image clarity. Enhanced dust and moisture-resistance, magnesium die-cast barrel construction and a protective meniscus front lens ensure a lifetime of consistent performance for even the most demanding shooters.
Nikon Vibration Reduction
Learn more about Nikon’s in-lens VR image stabilization which assures dramatically sharper still images and video capture when shooting handheld.
*Based on CIPA Standard. This value is achieved when: FX-format compatible lenses are attached to an FX-format digital SLR camera.
A Nikon in-lens technology that improves image stability by automatically compensating for camera shake. Lenses that offer VR will feature the abbreviation VR on the lens barrel.
Silent Wave Motor
AF-S NIKKOR lenses feature Nikon’s Silent Wave Motor, which represents a significant advance in AF lens technology.
Nano Crystal Coat
An anti-reflective coating developed by Nikon that virtually eliminates internal lens element reflections across a wide range of wavelengths.
ED (Extra-Low Dispersion) Glass
An optical glass developed by Nikon that is used with normal optical glass in telephoto lenses to obtain optimum correction of chromatic aberrations.
A/M stands for Auto-Priority Manual Mode. This mode also enables an easy transition from autofocus to manual during AF operation. However, mode switch sensitivity has been altered to reduce the possibility of sudden unintentional switching to manual focus while shooting.
Select NIKKOR lenses have a focusing mode which allows switching from automatic to manual focusing with virtually no lag time by simply turning the focusing ring on the lens. This makes it possible to seamlessly switch to fine manual focusing while looking through the viewfinder.
A NIKKOR lens in which only the internal lens group shifts during focusing. These lenses will be designated with the abbreviation IF on the lens barrel.
Nikon's AF-S NIKKOR 200mm f/2G ED VR II Telephoto Lens is an extremely fast telephoto lens, capable of capturing powerful images in a variety of situations. Its superior light-gathering capabilities and 200mm focal length make it a great option for shooting in the field. A rotating tripod collar with a detachable shoe is present, providing superior balance when shooting with a tripod or monopod.
Professionals covering weddings, sporting events, and fashion shows will appreciate its reach, image quality, and fast aperture. The lens features Nikon's Vibration Reduction (VR) II system, which can deliver up to four stops of correction -- allowing you to shoot at a lower ISO dimly-lit environments, without sacrificing image sharpness.
The lens features a Silent Wave Motor (SWM) for quick, quiet, and accurate autofocus. Its Internal Focusing (IF) system allows for the movement of the optical elements internally, eliminating the need for the barrel to extend or retract during focusing. Three focus modes are available -- A/M, M/A, and M. A/M mode ensures that autofocus is always active, even when the focus ring is moved manually. M/A mode allows you to override the autofocus system by moving the focus ring, and M mode provides good ol' fashioned manual focus.
The lens features both focus memory and limitation settings. You'll be able to lock focus on a specific item and save the focus point in your camera's memory by pressing the "Memory Set" button on the lens. Simply press "Memory Recall" at any time to set the lens back to that focus setting. This is a great choice for sports photographers who are in a stationary position but would like to quickly return focus to a point of frequent action -- such as a basketball hoop or home plate. The focus limitation function allows you limit the distance at which the lens has to hunt for focus, speeding autofocus operation.
A nine blade aperture smoothes the out of focus background of an image, delivering bokeh that is extremely pleasing to the eye and dramatically separating your subject from the background. The lens also boasts Nikon's Tripod Detection Mode, which allows you to leave VR on when shooting on a tripod. The minute vibrations associated with tripod use are compensated for, further increasing image sharpness.
You needn't be an optics expert to appreciate the care that Nikon has taken in designing this lens. It is constructed of 13 optical elements arranged in 9 groups. These include 3 Extra-low Dispersion (ED) glass elements and one Super ED glass element, which work to minimize chromatic aberration -- even at f/2. The lens features Nikon's exclusive Nano-Crystal Coat, which minimizes flare -- even in backlit situations. It is also coated with Nikon's Super Integrated Coating (SIC), which further aids flare reduction and improves color consistency.
The lens can be used on Nikon FX and DX DSLRs. It is a "G" series, which means that there is no physical aperture ring -- the aperture must be controlled by the camera. When used on a DX camera, the lens provides the equivalent field of view of a 300mm lens in the 35mm format, which is a boon to nature and sports photographers looking for a little extra reach and increased depth of field.
- Fast, Prime Telephoto Lens
- Upgraded, fast, f/2 prime telephoto lens with Nikon VR II image stabilization and Nano Crystal Coat produces razor sharp images under the most demanding conditions including indoor sports, wildlife or portraiture.
- Automatic Tripod Detection Mode
- Engages VR image stabilization when mounted on a tripod to minimize camera shake that occurs at shutter release.
- Super ED Glass Element
- Super ED glass excels at eliminating secondary spectrum and correcting chromatic aberration and offers low refractive index and lower dispersion. Also Super ED Glass is more resilient to rapid temperature changes.
- Three Focus Modes
- A/M mode joins the familiar M/A and M modes, enhancing AF control versatility with fast, secure switching between auto and manual focus to accommodate personal shooting techniques.
- Exclusive Nikon Silent Wave Motor (SWM)
- Enables fast, accurate and quiet autofocus.
- Rugged Construction
- Featuring enhanced dust and moisture-resistance, magnesium die-cast barrel construction and a protective meniscus front lens.
- Nikon VR II (Vibration Reduction) Image Stabilization
- Vibration Reduction, engineered specifically for each VR NIKKOR lens, enables handheld shooting at up to 4 shutter speeds slower than would otherwise be possible, assuring dramatically sharper still images and video capture.
- Nano Crystal Coat
- Further reduces ghosting and internal lens flare across a wide range of wavelengths for even greater image clarity.
- 3 Extra-Low Dispersion (ED) Elements
- Offers superior sharpness and color correction by effectively minimizing chromatic aberration, even at the widest aperture settings.
- Internal Focus (IF)
- Provides fast and quiet autofocus without changing the length of the lens, retaining working distance throughout the focus range.
- Nikon Super Integrated Coating (SIC)
- Enhances light transmission efficiency and offers superior color consistency and reduced flare.
- Rounded 9-Blade Diaphragm
- Renders more natural appearance of out-of-focus image areas.
- Fully Compatible with Nikon Teleconverters
- Full functionality with Nikon TC-14E II, TC-17E II, TC-20E II and TC-20EIII Teleconverters.
Nikon AF-S NIKKOR 200mm f/2G ED VR II Telephoto Lens
|Filter Thread||52 mm|
|Dimensions (DxL)||Approx. 4.9 x 8.0" (12.45 x 20.32 cm)|
|Weight||6.46 lb (2.93 kg)|